Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for "damage control" when forced to not eat primal? page

andygt02 is offline Junior Member

What do you do for "damage control" when forced to not eat primal?

Primal Fuel
    I've been primal for 3 months without slipping up. It's relatively easy and I feel great knowing I'm off a SAD diet. However, today a co-worker is leaving and we had a goodbye lunch for her. I had to either eat pizza with the co-workers or leave them wondering why I wasn't eating, so pizza it was.

Should I skip dinner tonight? Or perhaps I just ignore it and make a primal dinner like I always do?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Next time, take a lunch and tell anyone who's nosy enough to ask that you're testing to see if you're gluten intolerant. And yes, you are, so you don't have to explain in the future why you're not eating crap from work.

Unless you're concerned about calories (and pizza has them in spades) eat a normal primal dinner. If you're concerned about the calories, then eat a lighter primal supper. But dont' stress about it after this. What's done is done.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Next time, take a lunch and tell anyone who's nosy enough to ask that you're testing to see if you're gluten intolerant. And yes, you are, so you don't have to explain in the future why you're not eating crap from work.
    I agree, if you can be prepared ahead of time, bring your own. Most pizza places also serve salads, so you could order salad in place of the pizza.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you're hungry, eat a good primal dinner. If you're not, then don't.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

andygt02 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys,

This isn't all bad. I'm falling asleep right now from the insulin spike, so it's a nice reminder of the many reasons SAD diets suck.

ChicagoPaleo is offline Member
    When I eat out i double up in my fish oil.. assuming that the restaurant used high omega 6 vegetable oils

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I'd rather leave people wondering any day! My body = my right to decide what I put in it, or not.

Stay at this long enough and you will no longer care about what others think or say or how they react. Who really should give a damn if you are eating or not?

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    If your biggest concern is the crust, don't eat it: scrape off the toppings. If it's the entire pizza, bring your own meal, etc, as others have suggested. I've gotten to the point where I do not let others dictate what I put in my body. If they ask about the grain, I just tell them that I don't eat grain because my body runs better off it.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    nobody forced you to eat pizza.

eating primal should not be something a person has to hide or be embarrassed about. i see it all the time on here. stand up for yourselves and what you believe in people. if others dont like it who cares?

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat, and I say "I don't feel good when I eat pizza". If I know ahead of time, I bring my own stuff, or maybe just have a coffee or tea.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    nobody forced you to eat pizza.

eating primal should not be something a person has to hide or be embarrassed about. i see it all the time on here. stand up for yourselves and what you believe in people. if others dont like it who cares?
    +1

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast