Thread: New at this - question page

nuttmegs17 is offline Senior Member

New at this - question

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I've been primal for a bit now -i'm taking it pretty seriously, read the books, have a gluten allergy so being primal has been great.

i'm currently in the process of losing weight that I put on due to an autoimmune thyroid disease. Being primal has helped a ton, but despite eating super healthy (following guidlines, keeping carbs to 50 grams or less) I had a horrible day which resulted in consuming over 250 carbs! I dont remember the last time i ate that many carbs within a day - will that undo all the hard work i've put in? Will it damage my body? Should I fast for a couple of days? What is recommended? Wondering if it mattters that much (seriously ONE bad day) or if i just shocked my body with a bunch of carbs .

Shep1824 is offline Member
    Not a big deal, just keep going and don't worry about itl You may see a couple pounds of water weight for a day or two but it will not affect you if you do this occasionally. I wouldn't do it every week. You may even see that this may help your progress by doing a carb "refeed". I don't know much about this but I have read about it here on the forum. Someone will come along to explain more.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Don't sweat it and just carry on as normal. We all carb out once in a while.
    A couple days of low carb and your back to where you were and making new progress.

nuttmegs17 is offline Senior Member
    hmmm carb refeeding - have to look into that. perhaps i did that Thanks for the support, I was a little concerned about how it would affect things like blood sugar etc as I've been eating so "clean" lately. Also would like to not gain real weight. i'll have to figure out what happened too bc i normally feel quite full on this diet and never really experience cravings...odd thanks again

kmkiely is offline Junior Member
    It's not about the slip its the slide that does damage. I say just pick back up where you are but also dig deep to figure out what your trigger was or why it may have happened so you can avoid it again.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmkiely View Post
    It's not about the slip its the slide that does damage. I say just pick back up where you are but also dig deep to figure out what your trigger was or why it may have happened so you can avoid it again.
    It's not the slip. It's the slide. I like that!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    It's not the slip. It's the slide. I like that!
    I liked that one too!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!