Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From lean (8-12%) to ripped (4-6%) - an uncharted territory? page

trippplez is offline Member

From lean (8-12%) to ripped (4-6%) - an uncharted territory?

Shop Now
    You know the drill - intermittent fasting, HIIT workouts, calorie deficit, etc.

All of these seems to work but I have a problem - even at around 6% body fat I *THINK* that I have stubborn body fat at the lower ab and lower back. Below are some photos illustrating this. Please, look at them and critisize: do I have disproportionate fat deposits there compared to the other parts of the body? I know that the lower abs fat is supposed to be the last one to go but I thought that I was past that body fat levels but apparently (at least to me) I have still some left.

Do you guys have similar experiences, and if you do, what worked for you (I mean, really worked) for melting the last bits of body fat?

The 'nice' ones:

Now, to the 'ugly' ones:

* the lower back and the fatty skinfold:

Do you agree that there is a 'problem' at the side- and lower-back? A problem relative to the body as a whole?

Thanks guys and gals

Voyageur is offline Senior Member

Ur shredded for sure. Yeah, I guess you have more back fat in that area than you 'should' at that bf%. That's just your body maybe - I mean if you've been this lean for quite a few months I'd say that's just where your body holds the last of its fat reserves and you need learn to live with it if you are as lean as you want to be. If you have only been this lean for a short time - I'd say keep doing what you've been doing - be patient - and see what happens after a couple of months. If you're looking for tips on getting rid of it - I'd say you'll figure it out - that's uncharted territory for me (and I plan on staying around 8-10% when I get there).

I think you're probably being too critical of your body. I'd keep doing what you are doing, try to add muscle and see were the fat deposits are after a few months.

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

Primetimegirl is offline Member
    Okay, so I have no pointers but maybe you can give me some. I am a female, but I want to cut big time. (not as much as you) How did you drop that body fat? Will IF def work for me? I have about 10 pounds to lose, I'm 5'3 127 pounds and 18% BF. I want to get into the 10-12% range. Any pointers for me?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Some people have more success achieving a better physique, i.e more even distribution of fat and better muscular development after they start a clean bulk from the ultra-low BF. I think that would be something you might want to try. You look a bit undernourished, to be honest.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Check out the carb re-feed threads.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetimegirl View Post
    Okay, so I have no pointers but maybe you can give me some. I am a female, but I want to cut big time. (not as much as you) How did you drop that body fat? Will IF def work for me? I have about 10 pounds to lose, I'm 5'3 127 pounds and 18% BF. I want to get into the 10-12% range. Any pointers for me?
    Drinking green tea, removing dairy and doing brazilian jiu-jitsu got me under 10% bodyfat (an estimate, I have veins in my lower abs, don't know how much BF that means). I don't IF and I actively try NOT to be in a caloric deficit and the fat keeps coming off.

Quote Originally Posted by astronmr20 View Post
    Check out the carb re-feed threads.
    I know about carb refeeds. I leaned from about 10% BF using some barstardized variant of refeeds (ice cream, pizza, rice, spaghetti once a week in massive quantities), IF-ing almost every day, Primal-ish meals 5 days out of 7 during the week.

Primetimegirl is offline Member
    Thanks I will try it. This would be the perfect time too, as I just ate a butt load of junk yesterday and the day before. I'm reading the card refeed posts and that may fit my criteria. Hope it works. Thanks

I'm not suggesting the others to try the bastardized refeeds. I did them mainly because of the lack of willpower on social gatherings that came up every week. The other thing is that I love the junk food, I guess I sort of compensate with the hardcore daily fasts with lots of animal protein and fats.

Also keep in mind that I'm 'big' guy, at least tall - 6'5, and I guess I have quite a bit more calorie 'budget' compared to a typical woman.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Lean yes and great job getting there. How did you come up with 6%?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast