Thread: I accidently converted my husband.... page

Leida is offline Senior Member

I accidently converted my husband....

I was complimenting my husband on his finally serious efforts to take a control of his body (after having an emergency last week). He was doing so good! So, in passing, I mentioned that about the only thing I'd suggest for him is alternating eating his oatmeal for breakfast with eggs/veggie kindda breakfast or leftovers.

He looked at me and asked: "Can you tell me what's the heck is wrong with oats anyway?"

So we chatted, and chatted, and in the end after we went through the whole Paleo/Primal idea on the food groups and restrictions, he just said: "Sure, I don't mind that at all, sounds pretty healthy."

After I picked my jaw from the floor, I thought that my life just got so much better. Seeing that my daughter decimated half the prok-chop at dinner (I finally cooked one without anything on it at all, just pure meat, broiled) and asked for more meat just half-an-hour before that, I feel like I walked through the looking glass or something.

Well, fingers corssed!

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Gz - its lots easier when the whole household is onboard
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Grokarella is offline Member
    That is great! I wish my husband was onboard. He is very supportive and enjoys my primal dinners, but he is not willing to give up bread and sweets.

DJWMom is offline Junior Member
    That's great! It was my husband that converted me. Makes dinner really simple now that we're both eating the same (and the kids are on their way too)

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    I'm a long way from converting my wife, but at least she's stopped freaking out that I'm not eating bread.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Seeing that my daughter decimated half the prok-chop at dinner (I finally cooked one without anything on it at all, just pure meat, broiled) and asked for more meat just half-an-hour before that, I feel like I walked through the looking glass or something.
    Have you tried pork-chops (or pieces of pork loin roast cut about 1/2"-3/4" thick) pan fried with a little coconut oil and nothing else to give it a good crisp/brown and then into the oven to finish cooking? I tried coconut oil for the fist time over the weekend and I'm totally in love with it.

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by astronmr20 View Post
    I'm a long way from converting my wife, but at least she's stopped freaking out that I'm not eating bread.
    The other day, I lifted up my shirt to show my GF the 4 ab muscles forming in the middle of my torso (which I've never seen in my life) and said "Do you still think no bread, no pasta and no sugar is crazy?"

She said "No"

I then fireman carried her up and down our stairs 5 times in a row and asked "Do you think I'm not getting enough nutrition?"

She said "No"

Then I asked "Do you think I'm a d-bag for showing off my not-so-impressive stomach and making you almost vomit from the fireman carry?"

She said "YUP. Douchebag."

T_T

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried pork-chops (or pieces of pork loin roast cut about 1/2"-3/4" thick) pan fried with a little coconut oil and nothing else to give it a good crisp/brown and then into the oven to finish cooking? I tried coconut oil for the fist time over the weekend and I'm totally in love with it.
    I will be trying cocnut oil for stir-frying asap. I find that broiling is less messy and gives more likable flavor for us than pan frying - all three of us do not like the overly browned meat, broiler feels just right! But yep, I just got the coconut oil too, itching to try it!

It's tenderloin steaks tonight, 3 seasoned for the adults, 3 - unseasoned for the baby and for the steak salad tomorrow. I am sooo hoping she is going to put away the steak!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificBeef View Post
    The other day, I lifted up my shirt to show my GF the 4 ab muscles forming in the middle of my torso (which I've never seen in my life) and said "Do you still think no bread, no pasta and no sugar is crazy?"

She said "No"

I then fireman carried her up and down our stairs 5 times in a row and asked "Do you think I'm not getting enough nutrition?"

She said "No"

Then I asked "Do you think I'm a d-bag for showing off my not-so-impressive stomach and making you almost vomit from the fireman carry?"

She said "YUP. Douchebag."

T_T
    Hilarious

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I will be trying cocnut oil for stir-frying asap. I find that broiling is less messy and gives more likable flavor for us than pan frying - all three of us do not like the overly browned meat, broiler feels just right! But yep, I just got the coconut oil too, itching to try it!
    That's another plus in my book for coconut oil -- MUCH less splatter (that is NONE) and I cooked an entire package (~6lbs) of chicken thighs in it the other day with the stovetop burner on HI the entire time and it never smoked once and I used about 2 teaspoons to cook the whole thing. It's all about the high stability of the SFA in the oil!! Had I tried that with another type of oil, I would have a greasy mess everywhere, smoke all through the house and I would have used 10x as much oil to do it and the pan would have been murder to clean! Yup, I'm sold on the stuff -- totally!
    It's tenderloin steaks tonight, 3 seasoned for the adults, 3 - unseasoned for the baby and for the steak salad tomorrow. I am sooo hoping she is going to put away the steak!
    Drool...