Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drinks page

Tribefan is offline Junior Member

Drinks

Primal Fuel
    I am new to all this. I would like to know what you can drink. I'm not a coffee drinker and so far have iced tea up to my eyeballs. I am looking for some variety especially during this hot summer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tribefan

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Read the book and you will have some idea.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I like water and kombucha, as long as it's very low in sugar (like 4g per bottle or so). Seltzer water is a favorite around here.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Stop drinking all that tea and move to water. It's the primal drink of choice. If you don't like water ... it's time to learn. Tap, still, sparkling, a squeeze of lime or grapefruit. Celebrate the glory of water. You really don't need a drink next to you all day unless it's really hot and you need the hydration.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

ErikaE is offline Member
    There are lots of different flavors of tea that you can ice....a spicy ginger tea can be nice, or a mellow chamomile blend, or a refreshing peppermint tea. A little bit of lemon and/or lime juice in water is good too. I am careful not to go overboard with this, but sometimes a tablespoon or two of dark juice (cherry/berry something or other) mixed into a very tall glass of water is a really nice change taste-wise but not as horrifically bad for insulin response as straight juice would be.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

jeniferose1 is offline Junior Member
    I like to drink tea of different flavors. I mostly drink green tea because it is good for health and it is a fat burner. I also like cold coffee some times. I like to drink milk with bornvita which i drink at night before sleeping which is my favorite.
    Last edited by jeniferose1; 08-04-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I drink filtered tap-water, have one decaf latte pr week, and peppermint tea is my preferred tea.

Grokarella is offline Member
    I only drink water, but that is simply my own taste preference. It seems that many people drink tea or carbonated water.

norak is offline Senior Member
    I drink mostly (unfiltered) tap water. I realize this not be an option everywhere, but I'm fortunate enough to live in a place with good water quality, so filtering has never been an issue.

Sparkling water with orange/lime/lemon is my go-to drink if I want something more "fancy".

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Like most everyone else who responded, water is my drink of choice. No coffee, if I do drink something hot in the mornings its some kind of herbal tea but that's usually reserved for the winter months.

Well, I also still enjoy wine, beer, scotch or bourbon - some of it might not be strictly primal, but I'll give myself an allowance every now and then.

Also, are you a Tribe fan from Cleveland?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast