Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy CrossFit Fat Girl! page

Kymma is offline Senior Member

Holy CrossFit Fat Girl!

Primal Fuel
    I loved it. I hated it. It made me feel sick, it made me feel weak, it made me want more!

Now I just have to figure out the money. They say 3 times a week is best, I am ready willing and able to afford 2 times a week. Maybe they will let me start with 2 and if I have to have more, let me switch.

With CrossFit twice a week and running, I think I will have enough exercise in my life.

Anyone with thoughts on the 2 vs. 3 times a week.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Yay! I am glad you had a great experience.

Irrebecca is offline Junior Member
    Hahaha! That's exactly how I felt my first time! I remember walking in and thinking that this was the place they took kidnapping victims to be tortured. After it was over I didn't know whether to come back again or press charges for assault. Lol!

Glad you liked it. It does become addictive!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    For what it is, Crossfit is criminally expensive.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I think two times a week is a good place to start. Three would be tops, but I think based on the primal mind, you don't want to do SUPER intense exercises too often in the week. Its a stress on the body and the adrenals too. Two will give you time to space the workouts out for good recovery in between as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    For what it is, Crossfit is criminally expensive.
    I would say some boxes YES, are expensive, some are not. I have poked around and found that my area is not too bad. I have 4 boxes within 10 miles of me in my small town, 3 are $100 a month max and most let you buy several months and you can take anywhere from 10-20% off that. One is attached to a small gym with a pool so your $100 a month gets you a full gym membership as well.

Now, I have seen some outrageous prices for crossfit, and heading north of me to Denver adds about $25-50 a month more (but most of those boxes have some serious full time coaches and larger facilities). I personally wouldn't want to go over $100-125 a month myself. I have done some of the workouts from home, yes I could build a pretty good home gym for those funds in a year......but you cannot buy the competition and motivation that comes from being in a group of 10-15 people all doing the same thing for time. I seriously thrive in the competitive environment with folks encouraging me on. So for me, the value is not in the equipment....its the motivational part.

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    Do you think it's necessary to run in addition to doing crossfit 3x a week? I recently started crossfit as well. I mainly want to lean out my thighs. I can tell I'm building lots of muscle, do I need to run/walk/dance in addition to crossfit to slim up my legs?

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    I just finished my third week of Crossfit. I hurt and ache all over and love it! I can tell I'm getting muscle definition already. I'm hooked. For the first time in my life, I feel I can evict the fat girl that's been living in my body. I am starting to bicycle on weekends, too. I thought 10 miles sounded absurd, but found that it didn't wind me at all. Living Primal has eliminated my asthma and made life worth living. I still have a way to go before all my body fat is gone. I'm hoping at this rate I can be pretty lean by October.

I have decided to start Tuesday and to only go twice a week. The cost is high $129 for 2x a week per month, but then again, I used to spend $40 at the bars every weekend and smoked cigarettes and ate lunch at a restaurants, so a little over a year ago, I was spending $80+++ a week to be unhealthy.

I want to continue to run because I enjoy it. I may only run 3-4 times a week, but I really want to compete in some 5ks this fall.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post

I want to continue to run because I enjoy it. I may only run 3-4 times a week, but I really want to compete in some 5ks this fall.
    I just want to say that my weight would NOT come off until I stopped running. My body was too busy trying to deal with the inflammation to even think about dropping weight or fat.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I just want to say that my weight would NOT come off until I stopped running. My body was too busy trying to deal with the inflammation to even think about dropping weight or fat.

Just sayin'
    If I run into this I will definitely keep it in mind. I just want to keep it up for as long as I enjoy it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast