Thread: Alternative to shampooing page

Raphaella is offline Senior Member

Alternative to shampooing

Shop Now
    Ever since I switched to the baking soda acv hair washing routine my hair never really gets greasy anymore, but after a while of not washing it it will get stringy-looking. That's usually when I just wash it again, but since removing grease isn't the issue I wonder; is there anything else I can do to revitalize my hair when it gets stringy-looking aside from an actual wash?

Magic Fingers is offline Junior Member
    I have been having the same issue. I found a mild shampoo without a lot of additives. I mix one little drop in my hand an give it a quick run thru my hair. I do that once every 2-3 weeks just to kinda refresh my hair. I cringe when I think about how much shampoo I use to use daily.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    A couple of egg yolks. Just use them like shampoo, but be careful to rinse in cool water!

Christal is offline Junior Member
    Once a week mash some avocado in your hair.its a great moisturiser. My hair has gotten a lot of body to it since beginning that. Also make a rinse by steeping a sprig of rosemary.keep it in the fridge to keep it from going bad. Too much acv & baking soda was making ny hair dry & stringy.once w week seems more than enough for me. When its super hot ( every day in tx it seems lately) I use one of the other two methods or just rinse in cold water.
    growing old is mandatory,
    growing up is optional.

what is food to one, is to others bitter poison - Lucretius 99 BC - 55 BC

Nethru is offline Member
    I use coconut oil once a week sometimes every 2 weeks depending how my hair is feeling. I got very short hair so it's easy to just rub scalp with just water and be done with it.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

bb90788 is offline Member
    I use coconut oil in my hair every time I shower. I put a bit on after getting out of the shower, comb it through, and my hair is luxuriously soft, and shiny. Not to mention my co-workers follow me around smelling my hair and saying "mmmmmm goooooooood". Very creepy, but still a compliment.