Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the really PB work? page

marci Guest

Primal Fuel

I've mentioned on other posts that since embracing the PB I have not had any changes in my body composition (boo! hiss!) I've been doing this for 3.5 mos --but I felt fine in my previous life as a vegetarian/ chronic cardio fan. But yet, I feel just as fine now too (I've switched to Primal workouts)... so if you were in my shoes (I mean flip-flops), would you keep on keeping on or revert back to your old ways due to lack of concrete improvements? As I read Mark's book it makes so much sense but I feel like I'm the exception to the rule here. Anyone else have this issue?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Marci, it would be useful to know more about what you eat and what are your concrete expectations. You could be involuntarily eating too much carbs. Plus it would be a shame to jeopardize long-term benefits for lack of evident short-term changes...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Forgotten18 is offline Junior Member

As SerialSinner said, knowing what you eat would help a lot. Posting a detailed food log would help us assess your situation.

deepthought is offline Junior Member

A few questions arises. Protein/Fat intake? And another question regulary discussed in other threads, Dairy? yes/no?

Paneristi is offline Member

read this thread it worked for ...me
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...r-quot-results

Bkfst

Left over meat and eggs

Lunch

Chicken (small salad)

Snack

Lots of Almonds walnuts

Dinner

Grilled fish and veg

Cut down on fruit and carbs

marci Guest

Sorry gang! here's what I eat each day:

bfast: 1 egg, 1 white w/ 1 tbsp of goat cheese

& greens, 2-4 oz turkey sausage, handful of nuts, tea w/ splash of whole milk

workout (45 mins total)

post work-out- 8 oz whey protein smoothie w/ 1 oz berries

lunch: big ass salad with 1/4 avo or nuts, greens, radishes, cukes, toms, smoked turkey, lemon juice & EVOO.

dinner: same as lunch, or I do lightly cooked veggies

& maybe lamb patties or fish 4 oz GT's kombucha, handful of nuts or small bit of cheese...

everything is local/organic. I work out 6x a week (sprint 3 times, weight lift 3x, yoga on Sundays)

I am 47 yr old perimenopausal gal who seems to be quite insulin resistant & estrogen dominant. My ND put me on this plan.

I was hoping to lose 10-15 lbs as I am that much overweight. Heck, at this point I'd settle for 5! But nothin' doing. And since that's my sad story I like to think there's some benefit to this eating even if there are no changes withing my body...so please tell me it's worth it I am wavering at times...

thanks all!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

It's worth it, marci. Even if you don't visibly see changes, it is doing wonders for you on the inside. Namely keeping those insulin buggers in check.

Just Jen is offline Junior Member

Marci~

Are your clothes fitting any differently at all?

The scale has barely budged for me but I'm fitting into clothing a size smaller than when I started. To be fair, I've been CrossFitting for almost 2 months. During that time I've gone from Zone > Paleo > Primal.

I don't have belly bloating anymore and I sleep so much better. My workouts are improving and when I have a cheat meal, they suffer.

All in all, I'd have to say it's been worth it so far. My goal is to get to 20% body fat (I'm currently at 30%)so I'm not that concerned with a scale any longer.

ahhgrr is offline Junior Member

I've been doing PB-style eating more or less for nearly 8 months now, and have noticed rather a lot of changes: mainly more consistent energy levels and weight loss. The fat loss has been slow, as I've dorked around with what I eat quite a lot, but when I focus on things, it just melts away.

ahhgrr is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

I'll add that tossing in some IF might turn the corner for you -- it's seriously one of my favorite PB techniques!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast