Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate it! 5 pound weight gain in 4 days. page

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member

I hate it! 5 pound weight gain in 4 days.

So I have decided that I wanted to try eating grapes, oranges, and grapefruits.
    Well in 4 short days I have gained 5 pounds.
    I am starting the leptin reset and was wandering does anyone have any suggestions on carbohydrates?
    I don't want to go over 30grams and a can of spinach is only 15 should I just use 2 cans a day?

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Archer View Post
    So I have decided that I wanted to try eating grapes, oranges, and grapefruits.
    Well in 4 short days I have gained 5 pounds.
    I am starting the leptin reset and was wandering does anyone have any suggestions on carbohydrates?
    I don't want to go over 30grams and a can of spinach is only 15 should I just use 2 cans a day?
    Is there a reason you're going for canned instead of fresh? I stay under 30 g carbs most days and it's not hard. Just avoid fruit and starchy vegetables and you'll be fine. I eat lots of the leafy greens - romaine, kale, chard, even regular green leaf lettuce. It's pretty hard to overdo carbs when all you're eating are non-starchy veggies, meats, and fats.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    It's just water weight. That's common when you go from lower to higher carb intakes

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    It's just water weight. That's common when you go from lower to higher carb intakes
    Unless of course you consumed 17,500 extra calories in those 4 days. Just water weight.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 08-04-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Awe thanks So I can go from low carbohydrate to higher carbohydrate and gain water weight not real weight?
    With that being said it would be alright to continue eating this way or should I go back to the low carbohydrate?
    I am trying to lose body fat but not weight. I am currently standing at like 154 pounds and 19% body fat.
    When I malnourished my body through nuts I stood at 149 pounds and 17% body fat..... that will never happen again.

So now that I have reached my goal weight the best thing for me to do at this point is eat starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes and work out to lose body fat?

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    In my experience, after a couple days of higher carb intake, my body adjusts and sheds the water that was initally retained. YMMV

Forgive me for this observation, but it seems that you want spoon feeding, Captain Archer. Is there a reason that you find it difficult to read the book and other threads that have delved extensively into carb cycling, etc?
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

Now so confused.. should I go to leptin reset or keep eating carbohydrates to fill my "stores"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yea it's very difficult for me being a skinnyfat person and not really fat but not really toned.
    I am 154 pounds and 19% body fat.
    I shouldn't be higher than 13% body fat at 154 pounds...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast