Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four days, feeling amazing! page

Windigo is offline Junior Member

Cool Four days, feeling amazing!

Hello all,

I am a new 23 (24 in two weeks) year old girl from the Netherlands. I've been on the paleo diet for four days now and I feel absolutely great. And I never imagined I would, as I always disliked meat (exept for the lean kinds) and preffered veggies and carbs. Half my life, I tried to be a vegetarian too!

Now when I look back, I see that I've been addicted to carbs for a big part of my life, from childhood on actually. My favorite foods were always centered around carbs, things like pizza and potato salad. When I got older and lived on my own I became addicted to soda and began to regularly eat ben & jerry's ice cream and the kilo's piled on. I didn't understand why I gained so much weight at first because I thought that aside the soft drinks I ate pretty healthy. However, I was very big on carbs. I easily could eat 350 g of potatoes at my main meal a day, and then still eat bread for breakfast AND lunch. Aside from that, I drank about 1,5 litres of coca cola a day (that's one bottle).

At some point two years ago I started to realise that all that soda wasn't good for me and I decided to get rid of it once and for all. I quit it cold turkey and haven't looked back since. However I believed the general propaganda of carbs as healthy so I continued bread and pasta etc.. And went vegetarian too, believing it was the healthiest diet there was. I felt lethargic, tired, depressed and feeble but wouldn't give up eating that way because I thought it was healthy. I had huge cravings for steak but ignored them.

That is until..

Last year I found out by having my blood checked that my B12 and vitamin D were seriously deficient, and my Iron levels were as well. To cut a long story short, I found out I was gluten intolerant and hadn't been getting enough nutrients from my diet. I started eating meat again but kept eating rice and gluten-free subsitute products. I felt a bit better and my b12 and iron levels went soon back to normal, but I still suffered from abnormal fatigue. It got less and less, but I still didn't have the energy levels I wanted, so I started to do research.

And then I found, the primal diet, and it clicked. I am in for four days now, and already have much more energy than I've had in years. My digestion is good, I no longer have bowel cramps and indegestion, I feel more satisfied, more energized, and even my waistline has already slimmed down a bit. My mom saw me today and said that my belly looks less bloated and that I have a line in my waist again, so I am happy and will continue! I can't imagine stopping paleo now I see what it's done for me already. I might have some enormous chocolate chip cookie cravings, but I battle them cause I feel all the good that's happening to me already

Grokarella is offline Member
    Welcome, Windigo! Isn't it amazing how different you can feel in just a couple days?

Irrebecca is offline Junior Member
    Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Hello all,
    And then I found, the primal diet, and it clicked. I am in for four days now, and already have much more energy than I've had in years. My digestion is good, I no longer have bowel cramps and indegestion, I feel more satisfied, more energized, and even my waistline has already slimmed down a bit. My mom saw me today and said that my belly looks less bloated and that I have a line in my waist again, so I am happy and will continue! I can't imagine stopping paleo now I see what it's done for me already. I might have some enormous chocolate chip cookie cravings, but I battle them cause I feel all the good that's happening to me already
    hi
    i am four days in also....pretty cool huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Irrebecca View Post
    Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Yes I certainly am, my mom even wants to try primal now!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Windigo! Welcome aboard! It's great that your mom wants to try primal too.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I love all the new people coming on here. I feel like an old fogie ... I've been here since March
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

I'm feeling great, I've been active for more than two and a half hours yesterday and I didn't tire while doing it. It feels like my engine has been restarted with a burning fire now my blood sugar is stable!

Wally_B_Sr is offline Junior Member
    congrats and welcome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay I fell off the wagon for a while, so I didn't post much here, but I've jumped back on and lost 11 kgs already (20 pounds) All thanks to the Primal diet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast