Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally figured out why she was so stunning..... page

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

This has been bothering me since last summer. I guess I'm sometimes slow on the up tick......

On one of my beach walks came this stunning, voluptuous woman (and husband/boyfriend!) Large breasted, smallish waist, full hips. An hour glass figure. BUT, she was neither slim nor young, probably no less than 45, it was hard to be a gentlemen and not stare. Her body fat wasn't low, either. I'll guess 35%. But she wasn't fat in the sense we usually think of.

And that's how all these months later (notice my fixation!) I realized that all of her fat was subcutaneous, virtually no abdominal (liver) fat.

Other than having The Lucky Gene, how does that happen? Can a woman who isn't into lots of exercise and body awareness perhaps just eat right and avoid the abdominal fat? Might she be a low carber? (I certainly see LOTS of high carbers, of all ages out there. And "skinny fats.")

Anyway, we've have some fun, spirited discussions here about our (men's) favorite body looks of women. I've stated that I like a "girl next door" natural look, BF as the goddess intended.

Well, this anonymous woman gets my vote!

maba is offline Senior Member

How does one differentiate between visceral and sub-cutaneous fat?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

I read somewhere, forget where, that if you're lying down on your back and the fat flops to the sides of your abdomen, rather than remaining in the front like a giant bubble, you have subcutaneous fat. If your abdomen still protrudes, you have visceral fat.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Sub-cutaneous fat you can "pinch" between your fingers, as it's on the outside of your abdominal muscles. Visceral fat is inside, so no matter what you do, you still have a belly.

OTB: I do not consider myself a goddess in any sense of the word----but within 2 weeks of starting PB, I was amazed to see all my visceral fat disappear. Still got some sub-cu to lose, but oh, what a difference!

My bet is that your dream girl is low-carbin it ;-)

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I second OTB 100%

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

Perhaps this woman simply eats real food.

I suspect that the modern belly fat syndrome is much more than genetic misfortune. We have a full generation of people who grew up on SAD frankenfoods and school lunch frankenfats etc. Busy working parents, no time (or knowledge) for cooking real food... is that not a recipe for metabolic and physiological disaster?

I am shocked at the number of overweight teen girls who have a lot of belly fat. I remember high school - there was much less obesity overall (teenage girls are especially body conscious which is why I remember this!) - the chubby girls had hips and, well, "girls", fat wasn't concentrated in a spare tire.

I am 45, but my physique has remained in the same proportion since I was a teen. For the past few years, I have found it increasingly difficult to find pants that aren't several inches too big in the waist. I realize that most styles now are designed to "fit" below the waist, but regardless - the belly area is always huge and I can't find any pants that will stay up without a belt, even with a higher rise. Same in women's or junior sizes.

I used to rarely wear a belt (unless I tucked a shirt in), but now I must.

I think of the look of the old pin-up posters. Women had hourglass figures and were not skinny. I don't think it was just the popular look - these ladies must have eaten real food with animal fats, so the hormones functioned properly. After all, it was well before the low fat craze and all the processed garbage. Before butter and eggs were evil. And also before the populace developed *fertility* problems.

Just my 2 cents.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Some good answers, and suddenly I may have found the answer to a question I've had for months. I"ve lost 50 pounds since May, although almost nothing since late August. Regardless, I noticed a distinct change in the fat structure, it is much looser and flabbier than before. Now I'm thinking it's subcutaneous; it mostly pinches well between the fingers.

I"m especially impressed with some of the women's observations, thanks.

Yes, there were NO obese kids in high school by today's standards. Some overweight, but even there I'd guess no more than 20-22% BF on the boys. As said, little kids are fat. Wow.

allie Guest

Personally, it amazes me how us girls usually angst about the fat on our hips, thighs and buttocks (a perfectly natural, healthy thing) while there's not as much focus on unhealthy fat we could have around the midsection.

"I am shocked at the number of overweight teen girls who have a lot of belly fat."

I know. I used to be like that too, but I've seen great improvement with every step I've taken in a primal direction. I'm kind of like kuno. My waist is small - it doesn't protrude, but it is still a bit soft/jiggly. Much better than before..

"We have a full generation of people who grew up on SAD frankenfoods and school lunch frankenfats etc."

I can list some of the foods now. Throughout primary and highschool it was common to consume 2-minute noodles, Milo (a sugary malt drink, kind of like Ovaltine), lots of milk, chips, fruit rollups, chicken and vegetable pies (I could not taste a single ounce of chicken in those things... and the "vegetables" were small cubes of potato and corn) white-bread sandwiches, apple juice, processed cheese and cracker thingies.

And don't get me started on the broad consumption of soft drinks... or Boost fruit juices, popular amongst teens my age, that are supposedly healthy because there's 5-6 servings of fruit with no fat (I'm quoting one of my friends there).

I don't know how on earth I lived on that stuff, but I guess I just didn't know better. Its hard to break out of it simply because its culture nowadays... and also because CW seems to play the blame game more on fats than wholegrain crackers. You really have to educate yourself and take your health into your own hands. I think that's what Mark says, isn't it? Your health is your own personal responsibility.

I know this sounds rude and selfish, but it scares me when I see large/protuding bellies - how common and how unhealthy it is. I don't want to have one when I'm older.

"And also before the populace developed *fertility* problems."

Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Very common now... linked to insulin resistance.

----

To stay sorta-kinda on topic (!) - I admire the composition of Kelly Brook, Salma Hayek and Scarlett Johanssen. I read somewhere that Salma enjoys pork, while Kelly consumes a macrobiotic diet - seasonal, organic. Sounds kinda primal to me.

Kay
    Kay is offline Member

OTB, you mentioned her twice already I wish I could see how she looks like, she must be lovely. SO curious!

I think it is genetic. I have similar fat distribution that when I gain weight, the last place I do is on my stomach or waist. Actually I don't think I ever had much fat there. Whatever I gain goes straight to my buttocks and thighs. And I think that keeps BF% high (they use hip measurements and that is never ever going to be small )

@HelloKitty, I have the exact same pants problem (AAAAAAARGH) there's always way too much room around the waist and I have to pay extra to have them narrowed at the waist otherwise there's be too much to share when one sits down (o_O)

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

Same here. I'm definitely a large-in-the-hips, small-in-the-waist-girl. Of course, right now, I'm a fat-all-over-girl. But, even with the belly fat that I currently have, I have a good waist to hip ratio.

I really really hope that as I lose weight, I will start to get that sexy, curvy look again...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast