Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Meals page

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member

Quick Meals

Primal Fuel
    What are some of your favorite quickest meals, aside from salads?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've been pulling 12-hour shifts, which means get home, cook and eat FAST.

Fry some meat.
    Steam or saute a vegetable.

Done.

Really, that's just what I do.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I say this a lot but jerky and it travels very well.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I've been pulling 12-hour shifts, which means get home, cook and eat FAST.

Fry some meat.
    Steam or saute a vegetable.

Done.

Really, that's just what I do.
    IN addition to this I tend to cook something the day before, Yesterdays dinner was sauted veg with Chuck Roast roasted the day before. That day I are a ground beef mix ( not exactly chilli as i dont usually put eggplant in my chilli ) and put the roast on while i ate and got ready for the next day took it out after i got back from the coop and put it in the fridge. Tonight will be ground beef and a spagetti squash.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

I would love to eat more leftovers, but my dad always gets to them before I do. We roast a chicken, and he has an annoying habit of turning it all into chicken salad before it even cools, and I can't convince him to use any of my condiments. He also gets up early and devours whatever is left in the fridge and then throws out everything else if it's not his (talking to him does nothing). I've tried to get him on board, but he refuses to give up bread.

I wish I could afford a dehydrator, but that's not a possibility right now. We had one, and I think my brother stole it for his own house. Most of the store-bought jerky I can find has sulfites in it, to which I am allergic.

The ground beef and spaghetti squash sounds yummy! Do you mix them together and make any sort of sauce?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoBanshee View Post
    He also gets up early and devours whatever is left in the fridge and then throws out everything else if it's not his (talking to him does nothing.
    The ground beef and spaghetti squash sounds yummy! Do you mix them together and make any sort of sauce?
    I have to say that sounds really mean and uncaring. and perhaps a bit affluent. I cant afford to throw away food. :-)

bake 5 chickens and see if he makes salad out of all of them , just as a check

I intend to use the fresh tomatoes now that you remind me and some basil and garlic and uht oh i am humgry now and i dont have any food here
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Recently, I've just grabbed our fancy slicer (and tonight, I f'in cut my finger on it!), slice lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, bell peppers - pretty much anything that can be eaten raw, slice it up, smack on some dressing (sesame is my fav... damn!) and while I slice away, I fry, boil, steam or whatever, some meat or fish.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    scrambled eggs mixed with whatever i have on hand in my fridge...usually some kind of meat and veggies.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    I have to say that sounds really mean and uncaring. and perhaps a bit affluent. I cant afford to throw away food. :-)
    I don't disagree. But I think he maybe has early-onset Alzheimers, and he's just darn stubborn anyway. If he doesn't recognize something as his own, it registers to his brain as trash. He's sort of the same way about everything else in the house.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoBanshee View Post
    I wish I could afford a dehydrator, but that's not a possibility right now. We had one, and I think my brother stole it for his own house. Most of the store-bought jerky I can find has sulfites in it, to which I am allergic.
    Use your oven. Right now I can't afford a dehydrator, so I turn my oven on to the lowest setting, leave the door ajar, and put a fan facing in towards the oven. A few hours later, you have jerky!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast