Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting eggshell pieces out of eggs page

FredFornicola is offline Junior Member

Getting eggshell pieces out of eggs

Shop Now
    No doubt that at some point when cracking eggs, some fragments of eggshells get into the mixture and they're a pain to get out. By accident one day I found that if you run your fingers under ice cold water for a few seconds then immediately go after the eggshell it seems to cut through the egg white like a knife and I can pin the shell to the bowl and drag it up and out.

Justa small tip that may help.
    www.PremierePersonalFitness.com

"TRAIN WITH A PURPOSE"

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Good to know. Not sure if I will remember it, but still, thanks.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I learned to do it by using the egg shell to pull the chip out. It's like it attracts it or something.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I heard that cracking eggs on a flat surface instead of the lip of whatever the eggs are going into helps to prevent shell pieces from getting into the eggs. I don't think I've gotten any shell in with the eggs since I've started doing that.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    If you slowly pour the eggs from the container you've cracked them in into another container the egg shell will usually stay behind.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Good tips. I have a kinda off-topic, but sorta related question: Any tips on keeping the yolks from breaking (as a result of cracking the shell and during cooking)? It doesn't happen too often, but it does every now and then and it annoys me as I almost always eat my eggs overeasy.

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I learned to do it by using the egg shell to pull the chip out. It's like it attracts it or something.
    I do this too, works like a charm
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I heard that cracking eggs on a flat surface instead of the lip of whatever the eggs are going into helps to prevent shell pieces from getting into the eggs. I don't think I've gotten any shell in with the eggs since I've started doing that.
    Yup, flat surfaces are always best. Sometimes it still happens though, but very rarely.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Any tips on keeping the yolks from breaking (as a result of cracking the shell and during cooking)? It doesn't happen too often, but it does every now and then and it annoys me as I almost always eat my eggs overeasy.
    lightly cracking the egg (on a flat surface might help) and just drop it into a hot pan from a few inches up...at least i have the most luck with that. you could try dropping it slowly, but i think it has more to do with moving smoothly rather than slowly.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    I always crack eggs with a knife. Sharp tap and you get a really clean break which cracks open without shell fragments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast