Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Measure? page

kjake55 Guest

Primal Fuel

Do you measure your portions? Not for cooking or baking but for eating. 2 tbl. olive oil, 1/4 cup nuts, 6-8 oz meat, etc etc

Just curious.

misathemeb is offline Member

i weigh my meat, count my nuts, and portion my oils so yes!

i think it's important sometimes to realize that while hunger can dictate a portion, often my eyes are bigger than my stomach! keeping my portions controlled helps keep me in check and allows me to remain at my goal weight with the least effort

JamieBelle is offline Member

I used to do it obsessively....now I have learned what portions "look like" so I don't stress if I fill my bowl before forgetting to weigh the individual ingredients.

But I'm not trying to lose weight...if I were, I'd probably still be measuring.

twentyclicks Guest

I measured for a few days when I started primal but I don't bother anymore. Most carb-y things are portioned (like a banana) or have the numbers on the packet (like mince pies - oops, did I say that out loud , so I estimate those to keep it reasonable.

I couldn't live life measuring all my food - the very act seems unnatural and takes away from eating (for me). I'll measure for baking-type foods as the ratios very much determine the outcome, and primal ingredients are too pricey to waste on trial & error!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

The more I diverge from Paleo, the more I feel the need to measure what i eat.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I don't really measure things like meat, but just notice what the weight is on the package when I put it in the fridge. So if it's a pound, and I cut three pieces, they're a little over 5 oz each.

Eggs are pre-measured by God.

Leafy and low-carb veggies I just scarf...

That's pretty much all I eat, so it's easy ;-)

maba is offline Senior Member

Same as Kuno!

Tarlach is offline Member

I never measure anything.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

JulieD Guest

No measuring here.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Only carby/"bad" stuff... I only eat one serving of quinoa and rice at a time, for instance. And I try to aim for one pound of meat a day, but I measure it with my hands and eyes lol. Everything else including oil, veggies and fruits I eat as I feel like it. Nuts don't matter, because I always end up eating the whole freaking bag anyways lol... measuring it would only make me depressed.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast