Thread: 4th day fasting and picking up weight!? page

nuraan is offline Senior Member

4th day fasting and picking up weight!?

Its my 4th day fasting (Ramadaan) and I'm 1.5kg up since i started & a cm up on my waist. I've been on track with my diet and exercise, but been drinking a lot less water than usual - am i maybe retaining water? My husband on the other hand has lost 4cm off his waist and is a kg down since he started. He eats the same as me except the 2 slices toast he has to have with his tea at night. I'm happy for him but feeling a bit bummed about my progress

trippplez is offline Member
    Hard to tell. I guess that you eat after sunset. If that's the case, anything can 'happen' e.g. overeating despite the daily fast.

Do you think this is excessive: (for example)breakfast black rooibos (herbal) tea, scrambled egg with smoked salmon and spinach and water and for supper i break my fast with a piece of dark chocolate or dried fruit and water and for supper i will have roast chicken and butternut squash with tea.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    probably just water weight from the "stress" of fasting.
    It's pretty difficult to gain 1.5kg of fat weight in 4 days unless you are gorging on food.

... hope its that too - will check again after the weekend and see if its decided to move in the right direction

DJWMom is offline Junior Member
    Are you expecting your period within the next week? I know that about a week before mine comes I bloat from retained water and my weight and measurements go all wacky.

Hi DJWMom, i had it just before i started, that's most probably part of it.

I had a look at the leptin prescription and will try to follow it as much as i can - it actually fits in nicely with the fast since the aim is to get to two meals per day which is what i need to do. It mentions in the prescription that "...weight may not change drastically initially because of effects on the pituitary. This will change too if they continue moving forward." which is a positive for me to continue with what i am doing. I want the results and have to just be patient and consistant i guess.

js290 is offline Senior Member

Thanks js290
    Update - i lost the 1.5kg again!?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    its been a week since our fast started and besides the 1.5kg that i gained and then lost again, i find that i am getting quickly full when i have my breakfast and supper. I try to drink more water but it feels like my stomach wants to burst ... very uncomfortable. I had headaches for the first few days but i think this was because i stopped drinking coffee but i hardly get them now. I'm trying to incorporate the leptin prescription as much as possible and the hunger and cravings are disappearing. The only problem i'm having with the fast is my gym closes early on weekends and i'm too late after i break my fast and because i am not drinking anything during the day i am scared i will be too dehydrated if i go before i break my fast and i have much better discipline when i'm at the gym and tend to be lazy when i'm at home - so for the next three weeks i guess i will have to cut down my exercise to two times per week