Thread: Howdy from Texas! page

Irrebecca is offline Junior Member

Cool Howdy from Texas!

I've been lurking around for weeks soaking up all the great info! Ya'll have been really helpful for me.

I'm a wife, mom and sales gal with a desire to live the best life I can live. I've been Primal for about 2 months and feel great most of the time. I'm still tweaking things and experimenting with what foods agree and diagree with me.

I came to Primal because I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. Not to mention I've been watching my poor mother go through hell trying to figure out what's wrong with her. She's got all sorts of autoimmune things going on that I really don't want to experience. I felt that 31 was much too young to feel so horrible all the time.

I'm not totally perfect on the diet but I haven't had any grains, sugar or processed anything since I started. Ok now having typed that I guess I'm doing ok. i think i have issues with dairy and nuts triggering binges but they are technically Primal binges so not sure what to think anout that. Any thoughts or advice are welcome on that.

I'm still not on board with the webbed feet shoes or the no shampooing thing, but 80/20 right?

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and stop lurking around in the shadows.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome former shadow dweller! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Web feet and not shampooing are not core Primal. You could be 100% Primal, wear conventional shoes and shampoo every day. If the cavewoman thing is fun and motivates you, cool. If not, ignore that part of Primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! It sounds like you are here for the same reason most of us are -- we all share a strong desire to feel better (or "look, feel, and perform better" -- R. Wolf). And, no, you don't have to wear vibrams to be primal. Ha. Personally, I've tried on and plan to get these shoes.

Best of luck to you.

Grokarella is offline Member

Welcome!

Hi Irrebecca! I just emerged from the shadows as well I'm glad to hear that it is going well for you! I'm not particularly interested in Vibrams or throwing out the shampoo, but I suppose that could change. It sounds like you are doing the most important things and that is all that matters. Do what works for you and your body!

Irrebecca is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome! It's smooth sailing now with some tweaks but definitely sucked in the beginning. But I am thinking about eliminating dairy as I think it's been an issue with weight gain for me. I don't eat a lot of nuts but I do love almond butter with an apple every now and then.

I gave up smoking, Diet Coke and grains/sugar/processed all in the same week. YIKES! The Diet Coke was the worst one. I had such a bad headache that I had to leave in the middle of a surgery and have my husband come and get me. By the time I got to my car I could barely see and I was throwing up. Scared the shit out of me! That alone was enough to scare me into never touching that stuff again.

Grokarella is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrebecca View Post
    I gave up smoking, Diet Coke and grains/sugar/processed all in the same week. YIKES!
    Wow, that is an amazing accomplishment! You should be extremely proud of yourself.