Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions page

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I'm not a big believer in New Year's Resolutions but I thought it would be neat to see what others are resolving for 2010.

Post your resolution here and how you will achieve it!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I could never understand the concept of making resolutions on New Years. Why wait that long if it's something important? Is it just an excuse to prolong the "slackiness"?

I also don't know very many poeple who stock with their resolutions pass January

So I will not be making any this year. I already made one back in July and that was going Primal.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

I am going to start my Accounting designation. At 34 it's better late than never. It does not start until September though so I will start some other courses in Feb-March to get my brain back in the swing of things. Then maybe find a lady friend haha!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Hmm I wonder if I kept my paper from last year...I don't usually make resolutions, but I did write down a few "goals for the year" last January I do enjoy reflecting on the past year and looking ahead to the new year with the hubby though. We talk about it on New Year's Eve, like we talk about what we're thankful for on Thanksgiving!

OH I do remember one from last year was to not buy a single loaf of bread from the grocery store, which was accomplished! First because I was making all of our sandwich bread, and then because we went Primal in June! I bought a few baguettes for company, but I can't make those very well so they didn't count. I did make sandwich bread for the first time in 6 months just 2 weeks ago for the visiting family...I was definitely trying to avoid having the store bought crap enter my house!! I made 2 loaves and they only ate 1, so the 2nd one got thrown out because it started to mold...stupid bread.

I think one goal this year will definitely be to continue with Primal Blueprint through the year, though at this point it's more just a lifestyle choice than a "goal" really. Maybe it will be more of continuing to listen to my body, learning what works for me the best to maintain a healthy and lean body, what makes me binge on sugar and why (happens maybe every couple of months) and then trying to work through those feelings with words rather than cookies...that kind of stuff Maybe my new journal will help!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

kjake55 Guest

I'm not a big fan of resolutions. It's like CC6 said, why put off til tomorrow and all that jazz. I do have a goal however. I want to compete in the Tactical Strenght Challenge in September 2010 (they hold 1 in April also but I won't be physically ready for it). I'm looking forward to training for something other than just strength and fitness levels. Although those are two very good reasons to train hard in their own right this gives me something to work for during the year. And of course striving to be more primal is an all year resolution that will continue on and through the New Year!

nina_70 Guest

I'm gonna be different and say I really like New Year's Resolutions. Always do 'em together w/ the hubby & have fun thinking about them. We usually do a year-end review as well to see how we did.

For next year, haven't completed the list yet, but the biggest one is to get started on our new life...hubby is quitting job and we're moving into an RV to drive around for next few years. So, that's the plan!

DepRatlAnimal Guest

I have a love-hate relationship with NYE resolutions. I like taking stock, setting goals... But at that time of year, it tends to be somewhat guilt-ridden after all the holiday excesses! I don't think the guilt helps accomplish the goals, either. So this year, hooray, my resolutions will be to continue some good things I've already started. (1) Finish the book (a young adult novel) that I've started writing, and (2) to continue moving toward better health with PB (can't get more specific with that, b/c if I get pregnant as I'm hoping, it'll be hard to track things like bf%

DebFM is offline Senior Member

I usually don't do new year's resolutions, either, but just continually try to work on things. My "work on" list includes exercising more & spending less $$ so I can afford more horse riding lessons. :P

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I never thought I'd get to this point but... to gain weight!

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

maba is offline Senior Member

To grow my own veggies, come summer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast