Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Vegetarian Gone Primal - First Month Results! page

Grokarella is offline Member

Ex-Vegetarian Gone Primal - First Month Results!

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a couple weeks and thought I would finally come out of hiding.

Just last month I was a vegetarian (for 13 years), tired and frustrated with myself and my inability to lose weight. Sure, I joined Weight Watchers a couple times and lost some weight, but I was stuck in "counting calories and chronic cardio mode" and it would not result in any long-lasting weight loss. I was doing WW again, struggling to lose any weight at all (and I have plenty to lose!).

Then, I read Gary Taubes' "Why We Get Fat." And, it all seemed to click. I started researching new, vastly different ways of eating and jumped into my new diet immediately. After one month, I have lose 16.6 lbs and I feel like a new person. I was lucky and didn't experience any substantial "carb flu" - just the amazing results of this new way of eating. I am calmer and less hungry than I have ever been. It has been a huge adjustment for me, of course, but I think it was just what my body needed.

I'm excited to start contributing to this wonderful forum!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Grokarella! I'm happy it's going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks, Hedonist! Your blog looks interesting; I've bookmarked it to explore it later.

I should have filled this out in my original post!

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Other than an occasional indulgence like dark chocolate and needing to up my exercise, I'm Primal!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, but only because I have never been a fan.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started with wanting to lose weight, but I'm very happy with my other results!

Favorite exercise: Need to work on this! I'm only moving at a slow pace right now

Favorite Primal food: Hmm, this is a hard one for me. I'm a huge fan of The Food Lovers. I love their recipes!

Best part about being Primal: Everything

Worst part about being Primal: Craving sweets

Courage is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokarella View Post
    Favorite exercise: Need to work on this! I'm only moving at a slow pace right now
    As Robb Wolf says, the great thing is that when you first start to exercise, everything works! Just keep moving. You'll soon want to move more.

Quote Originally Posted by Courage View Post
    As Robb Wolf says, the great thing is that when you first start to exercise, everything works! Just keep moving. You'll soon want to move more.
    Thanks! My husband and I love to visit the local parks and geocache, but it has been so miserably hot lately! I think we just need to suck it up and sweat a little.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. It's a testament to the power of good nutrition that even in the absence of "real" exercise you still lost quite a lot of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Welcome. It's a testament to the power of good nutrition that even in the absence of "real" exercise you still lost quite a lot of weight.
    Yes, absolutely. I don't think I could have lost that much weight in a month with my previous way of eating, no matter how few calories I ate or how much I exercised. I'm excited to incorporate more exercise not only for fat loss, but better overall health.

By the way, any other ex-vegetarians/vegans out there? It is a pretty drastic diet change, but I have seen some blogs/posts from people making this transition.

wehey is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Grokarella......i know where you are coming from. I was veggie for 20 years and Raw for 2 and have now been Paleo 100% for about 5 weeks........feeling great and loving the new way of life......just a shame it took me 39 years to discover it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast