Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies: BC question. page

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

Ladies: BC question.

Primal Fuel
    Quick question for the ladies.

I decided to ditch hormonal birth control.

For the last 11 years I've been on depo provera almost continuously. Early this year I switched to NuvaRing to get my cycles back into a rhythm. Now that I've done that I quit BC completely.

I'm wondering how long it should take before my body is back to nature.

IndigoBanshee is offline Senior Member
    Mine was nearly immediate, but I just might be weird. I had a cycle within a month.

Isis is offline Senior Member
    When I first stopped BC a few years ago, it took 3 months to get my cycle, but then aunt flo stayed for a whole month

Did you see that moon cycling thread? That may help
    My primal journal
    25yo female, height 5'7"
    goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
    goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham

annieloux is offline Member
    I quit the pill maybe four months ago and my shit is still not normal

Cycles are getting longer and longer.. I'm 12 days late right now.

I guess I should enjoy not menstruating while it lasts.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Sorry - I got nosy and wanted to know what was up with "British Columbia"
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Sorry - I got nosy and wanted to know what was up with "British Columbia"
    Hahah. It's okay. I got nosy and stumbled into the MANLY MEN thread and read that someone fucked a midget.

Back away slowly.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annieloux View Post
    Hahah. It's okay. I got nosy and stumbled into the MANLY MEN thread and read that someone fucked a midget.

Back away slowly.
    But to tie the two together the midget was on BC. As for this thread...sorry I've got nothing being a dude.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    months to years. maybe never. i'm just being honest here.

the evidence out there suggests that the longer one is on hormonal birth control, the longer it takes to get to a truly normal, healthy cycle. This doesn't mean that one won't have a few good cycles here and there, or even get pregnant immediately if they want to and be able to carry to term, but the vast majority of evidence is showing that this is one of the causes of infertility -- use of hormonal birth control for more than 5 years. striking, isn't it?

when hormonal birth control was invented for birth control purposes, it was believed that women would be on it for a couple of years -- max -- and then have their babies. it was often prescribed to young single women looking for husbands, or women with husbands so that they could get used to their new married life together. Then, they would go off the birth control, have their babies, and likely go for sterilization. This was pretty much "how it was done" when the pill was first created for this purpose (as opposed to medicinal, hormonal balancing purposes, for which the pill does not provide birth control, but instead can allow the woman to become fertile).

So, i recommend taking up fertility charting ASAP. you'll learn so much in the first few months of charting -- about yourself, about what to look for in a strong, healthy cycle, and how many of those you have per year after being off hormonal birth control.

if you are truly lucky, blessed, and heal well and quickly, your body might be "like textbook" in a year or so. Meaning -- every cycle, spot on, exactly as, completely fertile and balanced with progesterone as well (functional luteal phase) month after month after month for 12 or more months.

I didn't do the hormonal birth control route, except for one month, and even so, my cycle wasn't perfect. I had minor, undiagnosed hypothyroidism, which I discovered via charting. it took nearly 5 years post a miscarriage (due to a non-functioning luteal phase) to get 12, perfect cycles. Then, i had an additional 8-9 before becoming pregnant.

now, the body is recalibrating, and my guy is nearly 3! Most cycles are good and solid (great luteal phases), but ovulation is hit or miss these days. some cycles, yes, and some no. Some two ovulations. Very strange stuff to observe.

But the charting, it's where it's at. learn everything about yourself in a few short months, seriously! amazing stuff.

Phoenixflame is offline Senior Member
    Hmm...question! I stopped taking birth control this past April and still haven't gotten a cycle yet. Now, before I went on BC, I hadn't had my period in almost a year, because of what I assumed was stress and significant weight loss. I'm no longer underweight by any stretch of the imagination. But Aunt Flo has not come back on her own accord. Normal, or should I get it checked out?

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    months to years. maybe never. i'm just being honest here.

the evidence out there suggests that the longer one is on hormonal birth control, the longer it takes to get to a truly normal, healthy cycle. This doesn't mean that one won't have a few good cycles here and there, or even get pregnant immediately if they want to and be able to carry to term, but the vast majority of evidence is showing that this is one of the causes of infertility -- use of hormonal birth control for more than 5 years. striking, isn't it?
    That's hella scary :\

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast