Thread: Recovering from a broken foot page

codergirl is offline Junior Member

Recovering from a broken foot

I fractured my 5th metatarsal when I was dancing, and here I am 3 weeks later waiting for the cast to come off and wondering what the best way to recover is.

I am usually quite active, I was doing the grouse grind weekly (Grouse Mountain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and also did yoga a few times a week, and weekly jogs and lots of walking.

My calf on my broken foot is tiny, generally I can feel my body is less lean after only a few weeks of not exercising. I have also always been interested in going barefoot.

Any advice on where to start? I read the article on barefoot walking, and plan on starting walking 10 minutes at a time, but am a bit weary. Maybe I should wait a while and stick to shoes until my foot recovers? Or maybe the best way to recover is to go barefoot to strengthen it?

Thanks!
    Sara

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sara- I had foot surgery the first of July and just got the stitches out and the boot off on Saturday. I am still doing physical therapy but have started barefoot walking. The doc said I would be back in Asics when I was out of the boot and those were so painful. I bought some minimus runners (they have the vibram soles) and love them but also am frequently without shoes. If it were me, I would wait until both feet are free and not start while one is in a cast.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.