Thread: Funny Article on Yahoo page

Van Viz Guest

Shop Now

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/5-foods-you-should-never-ditch-when-you-diet-554120/

My favorite part is where the writer argues that pasta will fill you up faster...then advises that the right portion size for pasta is the size of an ice scream scoop....yes, very filling indeed!

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Another good one:

"Bread is an excellent source of carbs, which your brain needs to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that promotes feelings of comfort and satisfaction."

aka ADDICTION!

People who suffer from anxiety tend to eat a lot of grain-based carbs because they have a calming effect.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Steve-O, how interesting that you mentioned anxieties being related to addiction to grains. I used to have a very strange anxiety about snow. Any time there was snow on the ground and I had to drive, I would get the most rediculous panic attacks to the point of passing out while driving. I didn't want to take any anti-depressants to control that anxiety so I figured I'd just have to live with it and maybe....just maybe...move to Florida eventually.

I've been primal for a little over 5 months and we are now full swing into a bitter-cold Wisconsin winter. I haven't experienced anything even close to that panic attack feeling yet.

Ry
    Ry is offline Member

I think its funny that if you read the comments even the normal/CW readers are trashing the article.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Some of these things are sooo ridiculous that it makes me wonder if it's a conspiracy in order to make us all unhealthy and eventually bring down world population...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Did anyone else find this disturbing?

Once chilled, portions of the starch crystallize into a form that resists digestion known as resistant starch. Unlike other types of fiber, resistant starch gets fermented in the large intestine, creating fatty acids that may block the body&#39;s ability to burn carbohydrates.

Ya, I really want potato starch FERMENTING in my intestines...I think I&#39;d rather just eat something that will be digested and then leave...

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

shastagirl Guest

read the comments they are worth it. especially ronnies comment on the first page. i LOL&#39;d at this article, but got quite angry. this is the sort of crap my overweight family eats, then reads this article and get fatter again. im about the only skinny-minnie in my family eveyrone else is overweight. then they throw this crap in my face because its published but ignore my efforts to educate them, or listen but dont try for change. sigh. sorry u guys i guess i just woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

maba is offline Senior Member

What an utterly irresponsible article!!! I can&#39;t believe the author is the Editor-in-Chief of Prevention magazine. The only thing that can be prevented with her dietary advice is a leading a long and healthful life.

Shazkar is offline Junior Member

honestly that&#39;s ridiculous

even before i heard of primal whatnot i would have thought that that article was ridiculous

it is wrong in so many ways

Kaizen Guest

Haha this was posted on another forum I&#39;m on, quite ridiculous.