Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't a novel about Grok just be awesome? page

fra0039 is offline Member

Wouldn't a novel about Grok just be awesome?

Shop Now
    Hey, the bits of the PB book that I have enjoyed the most are the ones about Grok. I think that, besides the learning one can get out of them, the way Mark writes is really enjoyable and really made me fascinated with the primal life style.

So, wouldn't a novel with Grok as main character be just great??? Maybe one where you could also learn something about nutrition, fitness and well-being in general?
    Well, let's put it this way, if Mark will ever write one I will be among the first ones to buy it!!

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a cross between MDA and Dan Brown... blech!

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I think the Earth's Children series, beginning with Clan of the Cave Bear, might come close. I read the series many years ago, long before the PB, and don't remember how closely the characters resemble Grok. I'll read the first book again and see how it goes. Even if it's way different from Grok, I remember it as a great read. (I also remember the 5th book as boring, and haven't bothered buying the 6th book, which came out this year; the first 4 books are well done, but it seems as if the author got tired of writing and just threw trash together for the final 2 books.)
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Clan of the Cave BEar was the first thing I thought of, too. I can't remember if it was the 4th or the 5th book that nearly bored me to death. I recall description after description after description of grassland as they migrated. You'd think she was getting paid by the page what with how bloated with repetitive information her books are. I despise writers who don't trust their readers to remember something they just told you two pages ago! But annnnnyway, I did enjoy the first couple of books for the unusual subject matter and the strong female main character.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    and you might learn somethign before we are done
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    I think the Earth's Children series, beginning with Clan of the Cave Bear, might come close. I read the series many years ago, long before the PB, and don't remember how closely the characters resemble Grok. I'll read the first book again and see how it goes. Even if it's way different from Grok, I remember it as a great read. (I also remember the 5th book as boring, and haven't bothered buying the 6th book, which came out this year; the first 4 books are well done, but it seems as if the author got tired of writing and just threw trash together for the final 2 books.)
    Earth's Children is out. They cooked with grains in at least three books.

That said, the Grok book already exists[ish]. Buy the Gnoll Credo. Or just read the first couple chapters.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, not really... a comic strip maybe, but a novel?

fra0039 is offline Member
    Hey thanks for the tip,

I have now read the first two and they were great, especially the first one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post

tony198793 is offline Junior Member
    Earth's Children is out. They cooked with grains in at least three books.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    clan of the cave bear was the first thing i thought of, too. I can't remember if it was the 4th or the 5th book that nearly bored me to death. I recall description after description after description of grassland as they migrated. You'd think she was getting paid by the page what with how bloated with repetitive information her books are. I despise writers who don't trust their readers to remember something they just told you two pages ago! But annnnnyway, i did enjoy the first couple of books for the unusual subject matter and the strong female main character.

and all the sex!!!!!! Why has no one mentioned that about these books yet????
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast