Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Grok's out there in Germany or Italy? page

fra0039 is offline Member

Any Grok's out there in Germany or Italy?

Primal Fuel
    Hey, anybody living primal in these two countries??

Eule is offline Junior Member
    Hey,

I do live primal in Germany. Gets easier with every single day.
    My blog about living primal in Germany:

http://www.germancavegirl.blogspot.com

MasterB is offline Member
    I'm German but currently living in Canada. But I'll return soon to Germany. How is the primal community in Germany??

Honestly there's not much of a community here. There are one or two small german websites, but they're not comparable to MDA. And I haven't met someone primal living in person. Recently a Crossfit Gym started in my town, so maybe I have more luck there =)

MasterB is offline Member
    How did you happen to learn about paleo if there's almost no community there? For how long do you now follow the paleo lifestyle? and how are you feeling with it?
    Too bad the community is not as strong in Deutschland...

Hepcat is offline Member

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Hi I am in Italy. Just looked at that Robb Wolf site and there is an American girl with a bolg (in Italian). It looks like she is trying to organise a meat buying scheme. I am very interested in that.

Paleo per Tutti
    Life. Be in it.

usernamewhy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    How did you happen to learn about paleo if there's almost no community there? For how long do you now follow the paleo lifestyle? and how are you feeling with it?
    Too bad the community is not as strong in Deutschland...
    there is this thing called internet.....
    well basically paleo sums up, what a german forum (about skin health/problems) i regularly visited dug up over the years to improve skin condition.
    no grains/low carb, no pufas, no dairy/no milk protein(kasein), vitamin d.
    recently there are studies showing the connection between diabetes, acne and CW diet. Dairy & high carb diet -> IGF growth hormones, insulin -> different sebum complexion, faster division of skin cells -> too thick skin -> clogged pores. i dont know anymore, but i remember he called it "skin diabetes"

there is this acne treatment called isotretinoin, basically vitamin-a-acid. it is also used in cancer treatment to reduce cell division, slow growth anti insulin/igf. the connections were discussed thoroughly. i found books about anti cancer diet (similar to low carb/paleo).

conventional CH-diet -> cancer/diabetes/adult acne

well more then enough reasons for me to go the natural/paleo way after years of terrible treatments, i couldnt accept this stuff as a life long fate. farewell cake and milk, u tasty but nasty bastards. theres still some rage left, it took me 5 years to come to this conclusions and read all the studies. conventional medicine sucks.

i tried to move to a low carb diet for a year and already had kicked the milk. i reduced the grains to a minimum now. -> my skin is getting better and i can cheat with tasty white chocolate sometimes ^^
    Last edited by usernamewhy; 08-06-2011 at 08:25 AM.

I read Tim Ferris book 'The 4 Hour Body' and started eating slow carb. Because I felt so much better immediatly I started to search for more information on the internet. Thereby I stumbled over MDA and Rob Wolffs page. I do live primal for half a year now and have never felt better in my whole life. I wish there was a stronger community in Germany. Maybe it just needs a little more time. On the other hand, Germans love their bread and beer...=)

Tadas is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eule View Post
    On the other hand, Germans love their bread and beer...=)
    One more reason to continue your blog...

By the way: I also lived in Tübingen for about half a year before moving to Osnabrück. It's one of the most beautiful towns I ever saw.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast