Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Grok's out there in Germany or Italy? page 4

appelsauce is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I live in Berlin, Germany, and am not really aware of any primal community here. However, our pediatrician is a big advocate of paleo nutrition, and his advice on what to feed our kids when they started solids was my first ever exposure to the notion of evolutionary health! My husband was there just today with our youngest, and sure enough, our pedi gave his requisite rant (sugar is poison!).

appelsauce is offline Junior Member
    Germany seems to be ideal for following a primal diet. There is great resistance to genetically modified anything, Berlin has an incredible number of Organic-only stores (though they are hellishly expensive...steak for 3 can run more than 60 euros!).
    I agree with you about the price for organic meat, but the conventionally raised stuff is just scary! Where in Berlin are you? We live in Prenzlauer Berg.
    Last edited by appelsauce; 05-16-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Aristotelian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by appelsauce View Post
    I agree with you about the price for organic meat, but the conventionally raised stuff is just scary! Where in Berlin are you? We live in Prenzlauer Berg.
    I lived in Schoneberg, near Kleistpark Ubahn. I wanted to say: I went to a Movnat session - with a group called Natur Pfade, and it was fantastic. Even though I have been training a lot, my flexibility was shown to be lacking. Vaulting over logs, and crawling under bars etc. at a park near Warschauer Str. was rigorous. Really, great fun. The first session with Natur Pfade is free, so you can check it out with no obligation. I am mentioning them because my job required me to leave Berlin (sigh...and my German was finally getting there!) and I really miss it.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I now spend about 2 months of the year in Italy, when my husband and i go back to visit his parents. My husband is from northern Italy (a small town in the Brescia region), and he moved to the U.S. 2 years ago to be with me. He flirted with paleo in Italy before we met - mainly to see if it would help his psoriatic arthritis (it didn't, sadly), but he got super lean and ripped, and stopped being bloated (wheat and cheese). He kind of dropped it, though, until we got together and made a serious go of it together.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234