Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Grok's out there in Germany or Italy? page 2

Eule is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    True, just wrote a new post there.

Tübingen is a cute little city. Just the weather could be better...
    My blog about living primal in Germany:

http://www.germancavegirl.blogspot.com

July is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    I'm also from Germany (NRW) and I have been primal for 1 1/2 years.
    I came across an article in a German magazine about the Caveman Diet and there was a link to Free the Animal. From there I started my research. I was so thrilled that I decided to to paleo for 1 month to see what happens. Well, the changes in my body were so amazing that I stuck to the diet ever since. ;-)

MasterB is offline Member
    Pretty cool to meet other Germans here! Is there a German Facebook group or a meetup group or are you all alone in this?

I'm not aware of a facebook group. That would actually be a cool thing! :-)
    My husband and I are pretty much alone in this.

fra0039 is offline Member
    I also never met anybody living primal here in Germany, at least no one that I know of. I got to know about the primal blueprint through Amazon and, as I had already read many other nutrition/fitness books and am pretty into the topic, I gave it a try. Have kept primal now since about one month and I love it. Actually have been living close to primal already since years, I have basically just reduced grains and dairy after reading the PB

Eule is offline Junior Member
    Okay, maybe we should take that chance and make a facebook group to finally build up some form of german community.
    i just created a facebook group and here's the link to it:

I can make you all admins and we can build it up together.
    My blog about living primal in Germany:

http://www.germancavegirl.blogspot.com

Excellent idea! I sent you a request to join. ;-)

Hepcat is offline Member
    Jamie Scott (That Paleo Guy) has a post where he explains his motivation for attending the Ancestral health Symposium. One reason was loneliness.

He wrote:
    “My original purpose for attending was always about meeting the people there, and not just the presenters. There seems to be little pockets of (re)evolutionary-minded people scattered around the globe, and we are all social media savvy. But away from our twatter-bleeping, bloggering, and Facegoogling+ (some of us even go old school and send personal emails to each other), it can seem a bit lonely at times. This was one of many very stimulating conversations I had with Emily over the days in LA... it can be very frustrating being around people who just seem not to get it. Despite having almost instantaneous contact with a collective brains-trust one can feel very removed and lonely.”

Jamie pretty much sums up how I felt the last three years. Not many savvy folks here in Germany who know about the Paleo/Primal movement. It's bread and beer and the usual fastfood American, Turkish or Asian style. And the supermarkets look exactly like their brothers in USA. Breakfast cereals, pizza with an ingredient list from the biochem lab, bread, pasta, processed crap that is supposed to be meat or sausage, ice cream, donuts. Sometimes I ask myself whether I live in LA or Iowa......But no - the place where this junk food dealers and the treadmill-machines-TV-Aerobic-gyms are located is called "Berlin". No, not Berlin, Texas. Berlin, Germany. And in this big city I knew not one single Primal/Paleo soul. Where is my tribe? Facebook and the blogosphere is great but I’d prefer real human beings in face to face contact.

Things are getting better here. I met two tribe members in the jungle of Neukölln: they opened the first Paleo restaurant in May. And for Primal fitness there is a gym with a smart trainer (crosstraining Berlin). Martial arts, weightlifting, kettlebell sports (Steve Cotter style). I found a personal trainer who does Gray Cook’s Movement Screen. In Prenzelberg and Tempelhof you can do Scott Sonnon's CST/tacfit training with a great Coach. Then there are KB Instructors (Pavel cert) and three crossfit gyms. Really cool.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 08-13-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I'll bet you'll find some tribe members at the upcoming MovNat workshop in October in Berlin.
    2-Day MovNat Workshop in Berlin, Germany - Eventbrite

early_bird is offline Junior Member
    Hallo from Germany I'm new to MDA, but been into fitness for a very long time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast