Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kangaroo meat, inflamation research page 4

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaya76 View Post
    I just found kangaroo meat at Sprouts in Cali. It was ground kangaroo and I was too chicken to try it.
    Found ground kangaroo at my local Sprouts in CO! But I wasn't too chicken. A frozen pound was $7.99, which makes it a little spendy, but we'll see how I like it! It was in a big cooler with the bison, elk, ostrich, wild boar, etc....

There wasn't a price on it, which prompted a trip to the meat counter and the woman working it hadn't even realized they carried it!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellement View Post
    I wish I could develop a taste for kangaroo but I find it too gamey...and I've tried it every which way under the sun. Maybe it's all the frozen roo tails in the supermarket freezers here in my town...they're pretty off-putting! Had someone cook one for me once, just chucked the tail, hair and all, on the campfire. Once the hair's blackened it's scraped off then the tail is wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals. To be honest by the time it was done the smell was so bad I couldn't face eating any of the meat, which is very gelatinuous and sinewy apparently and somewhat of an acquired taste.

Don't like many of the native meats here in Australia; kangaroo, emu, crocodile. Love camel though, good thing we have plenty of the feral buggers here in central Australia. The meat is delicious! And given the animals are free-ranging it's all grass-fed guaranteed.
    Which stores stock roo tail? All I can find is steak and mince.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I would never be able to bring myself to eat something like a kangaroo (too adorable). Horse and whale ??????????? Never, I am with the 11 year old. I can barely deal with eating the meats we do eat. Philosophically, I am vegetarian, problem is I function better eating meat. It makes me very sad I have to kill an animal for my food. I was talking to my husband about hunting recently for a deer and it just broke my heart thinking about killing another animal.

jamsrich is offline Junior Member
    Hello,
    It is tasty, nutritious, cheap and sustainable.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wayfaring stranger View Post
    Found ground kangaroo at my local Sprouts in CO! But I wasn't too chicken. A frozen pound was $7.99, which makes it a little spendy, but we'll see how I like it! It was in a big cooler with the bison, elk, ostrich, wild boar, etc....

There wasn't a price on it, which prompted a trip to the meat counter and the woman working it hadn't even realized they carried it!
    Yay! My Sprouts just started stocking it too. And $7.99 is nothing compared to buying it on the net and having it shipped.

I wish they would sell the steaks and tail too like Bushrat was talking about, not just the ground meat but this will do

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Lucky people. Let's see, CA & CO in 2012. My prediction: mainstream grocery stores here should carry this no later than 2045. I'll be able to get it riding the geezer bus.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

beaubutterfly is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Roo is my main meat. I have it minced in bolognase, kangaroo rolled roast, strips for stir fries, steaks, kebabs. All sorts! Its delicious and is cheaper than good quality beef.

The trick to it, I believe, is to marinate it. And cook it well...don't overcook it! And the best thing is that the animals live wild!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234