Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kangaroo meat, inflamation research page 3

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Made a point of eating kangaroo several times when I was in Australia. I'd eat it regularly if I could but, alas, not many kangaroos here. Heh, when I first saw wallabies I thought "I wonder what they taste like".

My only "unusual" meat staples are horse and whale meat.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dickzark View Post
    if you ever want to come over i could put you up in the spare room and the roo meat is sold in the local supermarket and you can eat as much as you want it is not that expensive over here
    Sounds tempting.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    OMG. Kangaroo kakadu steak under the grill medium raw. Best possible meat available. I'll post some photos next week.

Yaya76 is offline Junior Member
    I just found kangaroo meat at Sprouts in Cali. It was ground kangaroo and I was too chicken to try it.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Had someone cook one for me once, just chucked the tail, hair and all, on the campfire. Once the hair's blackened it's scraped off then the tail is wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals.
    we do this here with lamb's tails if they've been chopped off when they are tailing. i've not noticed kangaroo in the shops here. i find it kinda bizarre shipping meat to another country myself. we do have feral wallabies which i am reliably informed have black flesh and lots of worms which sounds a bit far fetched. the person who told me is pretty onto it tho so who knows. we also have lots of possums but i've never eaten one. if roo is anything like deer, i have found the flavour depends on the species, the sex, the time of year and what it was eating. i guess too it would depend if it was farmed or wild hunted.

My only "unusual" meat staples are horse and whale meat.
    we arent allowed any horse meat in my house. even the slightest hint of horse meat in the pet food causes a riot. my middle daughter has a horse and has been known to permanently cross someone off the xmas card list who made dead horse jokes. having met some nasty horses and seen some neglected ones, i have no issue but i am not 11 lol

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    On the topic of wallaby meat, I'd assume it'd be very like kangaroo meat!

I have eaten roo meat only a couple of times, but I don't mind it so I think I'll be buying it more often!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    On the topic of wallaby meat, I'd assume it'd be very like kangaroo meat!
    that was exactly my thought but apparently not. it is listed on the web sites of places here that sell wild game so maybe it is just the wallaby near us that are dodgy. and as i said, the person who told me shoots them and is generally a reliable source of info. maybe i should demand a carcass next time they all go shooting lol

peril is offline Senior Member
    There is a lot of misinformation about the quality of various meats. I come across this all the time. Will happily eat many fish that others will throw back or will only use for bait. For mine, the more a fish is prized for bait, the more likely it is to make good sashimi (oiliness counts in both cases)
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have to order my roo over the internet. Tasty stuff. Maybe I'll move to Australia.
    I believe that *we* have already bag'sd you in the event that you choose to cross the pacific?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I believe that *we* have already bag'sd you in the event that you choose to cross the pacific?
    But do you have roo?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast