Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kangaroo meat, inflamation research page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    You don't have wild kangaroos in the US? Lol

I know at least one company exports kangaroo to the US.
    I have never seen it at a grocery store or farmer's markert or butcher's shop period. I suppose we could order it online with that ridiculous shipping charge...

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    No, there is no kangaroo in the U.S. that I've ever seen. They want us to eat corn and almost nothing but corn.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

peril is offline Senior Member
    Maybe Drumroll has a few roos loose in the top paddock. Paleobird lives in the US and enjoys a bit of roo, as she posted above

I love roo fillet, the rarer the better. Tastes good with a carbonara sauce, but you have to cope with the juices turning the sauce pink
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Ellement is offline Member
    I wish I could develop a taste for kangaroo but I find it too gamey...and I've tried it every which way under the sun. Maybe it's all the frozen roo tails in the supermarket freezers here in my town...they're pretty off-putting! Had someone cook one for me once, just chucked the tail, hair and all, on the campfire. Once the hair's blackened it's scraped off then the tail is wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals. To be honest by the time it was done the smell was so bad I couldn't face eating any of the meat, which is very gelatinuous and sinewy apparently and somewhat of an acquired taste.

Don't like many of the native meats here in Australia; kangaroo, emu, crocodile. Love camel though, good thing we have plenty of the feral buggers here in central Australia. The meat is delicious! And given the animals are free-ranging it's all grass-fed guaranteed.
    Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I have never seen it at a grocery store or farmer's markert or butcher's shop period. I suppose we could order it online with that ridiculous shipping charge...

That is exactly what I do. And it's worth it.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellement View Post
    I wish I could develop a taste for kangaroo but I find it too gamey...and I've tried it every which way under the sun. Maybe it's all the frozen roo tails in the supermarket freezers here in my town...they're pretty off-putting! Had someone cook one for me once, just chucked the tail, hair and all, on the campfire. Once the hair's blackened it's scraped off then the tail is wrapped in foil and cooked in the coals. To be honest by the time it was done the smell was so bad I couldn't face eating any of the meat, which is very gelatinuous and sinewy apparently and somewhat of an acquired taste.

Don't like many of the native meats here in Australia; kangaroo, emu, crocodile. Love camel though, good thing we have plenty of the feral buggers here in central Australia. The meat is delicious! And given the animals are free-ranging it's all grass-fed guaranteed.
    Feral camels? For some reason the image of that cracks me up!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I find that it jumps around a bit too much on the BBQ.

Ellement is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Feral camels? For some reason the image of that cracks me up!
    Yep, feral camels...it's estimated there's about a million of the damn things in central and northern Australia. They were brought over as pack animals by the Afghanis in the 19th century. Once there was no longer any use for them they were released and now they're a huge problem for the environment. Interestingly, the camels in Australia are one of the purest strains in the world because they've been isolated for so long. They're highly prized in the Middle East for racing and for their meat. It's a pity the meat isn't more widely sold here in Australia, it's lean and very very tasty! One of the big problems is that you have a million animals spread out over millions of square kms in the most remote parts of the country...makes them very difficult to round up, let alone get them to slaughter etc...hard to make it cost effective.
    Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

dickzark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    It also makes really good jerky. And roo curry is awesome.

Another good reason to move to Australia, all you lovely Aussie men.
    if you ever want to come over i could put you up in the spare room and the roo meat is sold in the local supermarket and you can eat as much as you want it is not that expensive over here
    i am the invisable man

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I've never seen kangaroo here in the grocery stores either. Maybe on a restaurant menu - not sure about that. The local brewpub does wild game dinners every once in awhile and they had emu burgers on the menu, but I like their regular burgers and never tried it. They've changed it to wild game burger, but it's different every day and we don't eat out as much as we used to.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast