Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning to Kiwis buying vitamins overseas page 2

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Traditional Chinese Medicine
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Oh no! This is probably going to affect iHerb orders as well? Just about to order some natural calm and digestive enzymes too..........

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the beyond, but I was wondering if any Kiwis out there have recently ordered Vitamin D supps online? And have you had any issues with your order coming into the country? My Vit D tabs are running low and I will have to top up again from iHerb.com - The last time I ordered was September 2010, and it came through with no hassles. But I am worried that they will kick up a fuss this time?

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I ordered some d3 (5000iu) a few months back and it got confiscated and I got the "letter". Fortunately it was only a small bottle that cost me less than $5. However the diff was that that order came by airmail, the other time I got them last year they came via DHL. Maybe that makes a diff???

Suse is offline Senior Member
    of course you could just order the 1000iu's and you'd be fine, you just need to take more... but with summer coming you probably wont need as much anyway. HMmmmm, summer.... come on. I 'm sick of the rain.

Thanks for the info Suse! Methinks I'll definitely get a blood test before summer to see my levels.

Tarosuma is offline Member
    Thanks so much for posting and resurrecting that thread - very useful thanks as I was just about to order some vita D and other bits and pieces from the USA as well. I just wish there was a definitive guide to what we are allowed to bring in. But then, that would be just too easy wouldn't it?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yes, it would.

i told DH that i wanted to get some vit D, and he's like "eat this cod liver oil." fermented cod liver oil -- a rather small dose -- does the trick. but BLERGH!!!!

rahnjacey is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to listen this Jo, Actually i am looking forward to getting mark's vitamin products. This post just saved me a lot of looking around, i would like to thank you for sharing your valuable posting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12