Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah! page 2

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So I seem to have plateaued. It's been 2 weeks now that I've weighed in at 180 lbs. I have to do some reading about breaking through the plateau. I'm not getting discouraged I just want to break on through to the other side.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Really, the most important thing is to not rely on the scale to give you the whole picture. You can completely reshape your body without losing a single pound.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    hey griffin, i just broke through a plateau by upping my protein intake. i believe i wasnt eating enough protein and coupled with several days of IF i think it caused a stall. try to shoot for close to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. for me thats somewhere between 150-200 grams a day.

probably wont work for everyone in every suggestion but i thought id give you an idea if you havent thought of it
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Thanks for the replies. Mrs. Griffin and I spoke a lot about being primal over dinner tonight and we're both in this for the long haul.

I bought two pairs of jeans today, both with a 31" waist (and they were a bit loose). I just went through my closet and I've been wearing pants ranging from a 36" waist down to a 33" waist from the same company my new jeans are from. It's been about 12+ years since I've been smaller than a 33" waist.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

Paleobird Guest
    Huzzah indeed!

Welcome to journaling. I know it has been a big help to me in staying focused.

Mike is probably right about the protein. That was what made the most difference for me in breaking though a plateau and getting to my goal.

I wish you both the best. It's great that you have each other to share the journey.

Robin

So it's been a while since posting anything in here so a little update is long overdue.

My last weekly weigh-in came in at 176.8#, down from a 200+# starting weight in June.

I've been going to the chiropractor for a few weeks now with pain in my hip and a rib (or more) out of alignment so it feels like it's poking into my abdominal cavity or diaphragm. It's not painful but rather uncomfortable. I'm trying to get my boss to buy me a sit/stand work station so I can stand at my desk most of the time.

I've been really enjoying the life lessons I've been getting in the email the past two days. They're great and they remind me again and again why I am doing this and why I want to. I don't need the reminder, as I feel incredible, but it's definitely positive reinforcement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12