Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough Mudder SoCal 2012 - Team? page

Yaish is offline Senior Member

Tough Mudder SoCal 2012 - Team?

Primal Fuel
    I'm really interested in doing the Tough Mudder in SoCal coming up this year. Feb 25th and 26th at Vail Lake.

SoCal 2012 | Tough Mudder

I'm willing to do it on my own, but I'd like to compete with a Primal team. Anyone willing to give it a go? We have until the end of August to get in at the reduced rate, currently $100 per person for a Saturday go.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    If I was in SoCal I'd sign up with you. Maybe having a deadline with death would help me push myself harder. It looks like an awesome race!!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Kaylee they do them up in your area too though, so if you're interested you might look for a local team up there.

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    They do? I looked through your link and didn't see anything (but I was a little distracted as the child was trying to give the dog a bath with her sippy cup...aiii...housework needs to count as a work out, lol!) I'll look again, thx!
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

I just checked, and I didn't see one for the PNW area. Maybe it was the Warrior Dash or Spartan Race that had it, but I am pretty sure I remember one in Oregon.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    I would if I were in better shape. I don't see that happening by February 2012, but I will definitely let you know if that changes.

My CrossFit trainer and some of the members of my box did it this year, so it's on my radar!
    Last edited by onalark; 08-04-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Good luck getting hitting your fitness goal onalark. I think I might be fit enough to run a TM now, but it would no doubt be ugly. I know I'll be fit enough by Feb, but I still expect it to be a challenge.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    I definitely wouldn't want to hold anyone back! I keep hoping that if I ever get down to 130 or 120 I'll magically be able to jog with the same ease I currently slam weights.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    I walked most of it and ran down hills (damn there were alot of hills) at the event at Devil's Head WI. I was not in perfect shape and was pretty beat by the end. Also almost drowned at one of the water parts since I had lost 30lbs of fat and I found out I no longer floated and my old method of "swimming" no longer applied :P

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rayout, can you give me an idea of your fitness prior to attempting the TM? For example, I plan on tracking my team progress using a monthly metric of max push ups (2 minutes), max pull ups (to exhaustion), and 5 mile run time. I might also add 50 burpee (knee tuck) time to that.

Do you have an idea of where your numbers might have been, on something like that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast