Thread: hottie(g)rockstar's journal page

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member

hottie(g)rockstar's journal

i guess i should've been thinking more clearly when i created my username

Day 2 here

yesterday was relatively painless, no grains, no withdrawals...have decided that macs are probably not a good snack for me (burped macs through the night...gross i know but hey..sharing is caring?)

as i said...day 2 and i LOVE eggs....i hope i don't burn myself out and end up hating them LOL
    (bought 60 of 'em so...)
    i have a crockpot of who knows how many pounds of stew beef going
    (yay costco?)
    psychological or not i feel different already...maybe grain bloat has gone away and/or i have actually eaten enough

being a "change my eating" veteran i am praying that my current excitement and the "easy" continues :|

p.s. mini bell peppers and beef jerky go well together LOL

mikki

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad your week is starting out strong after the weekend. And I'm super impressed with your commitment to 60 eggs. I am just not mentally ready to buy that many in one go - it's still a bit weird to buy a full dozen.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    I'm so glad your week is starting out strong after the weekend. And I'm super impressed with your commitment to 60 eggs. I am just not mentally ready to buy that many in one go - it's still a bit weird to buy a full dozen.
    don't be too impressed...it's me being a cheapass LOL
    i can't get my brain to buy 12 for $4 when i can buy 60 for $7 (knowing i will eat them in one form or another) LOL

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    That makes me want to go to Costco so badly! I spend 2x as much on groceries last time we went and it was very depressing. The price of eating well
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

costco can be dangerous too tho

in the long run the price of eating well is cheaper, pretty sure i have spent $10-12 on ONE restaurant/take-out meal ($19 stew beef+$7 eggs wouldn't even cover 3 meals and i am sure i am getting way more than that....i better! LOL)

man it took me forever to get back here LOL

and day 3 begins

random thoughts....

even pet food companies are making gluten/grain free foods...so we will spend $50/bag on pet food to keep our pet healthy but we *require* grains? LOL

ppl accept that you don't eat grains/sugar if you have celiac's disease or diabetes but if you don't have one of those conditions
    "omg you have to eat bread and pasta, you'll get sick if you don't!"

a lot of the "vegetarians/vegans" i know....make up for their lack of animal product with donuts (no lie) OR they are so thin and frail looking i am afraid to hug them (and i am a small girl)

(btw....most of the ppl that i know that have diabetes 1. do not pay attention to their foods at all 2. eat WAY more scary stuff than i do (a pound of mac/cheese - literally, maybe more than a pound, pizza, donuts, etc)

my calories in/calories out brainwashing is telling me that you CAN overeat/gain weight...even with no grains/sugars.....(altho i really don't see how on earth i could be overeating)

pretty sure i am going in the wrong direction....how is that possible with no grains/sugars?

just sayin..... *sniff*

i think i was just being silly with the "i'm going the wrong way" post

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
    don't be too impressed...it's me being a cheapass LOL
    i can't get my brain to buy 12 for $4 when i can buy 60 for $7 (knowing i will eat them in one form or another) LOL
    Where does one get 60 eggs for $7? And more importantly, are they of the same quality as the 12 for $4? Reason I ask is that I'm doing PB and I'm also trying to up the ante overall with the food that is ate with everyone in my household. That's 5 of us and so 60 eggs for $7 would be a BIG help...but, I'm also trying to be more cognizant of source (again, thanks to PB) and would like to try to keep working down the spectrum away from "conventional" eggs towards pastured, cage free, naturally raised/fed chickens laying the eggs I eat...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    Where does one get 60 eggs for $7? And more importantly, are they of the same quality as the 12 for $4? Reason I ask is that I'm doing PB and I'm also trying to up the ante overall with the food that is ate with everyone in my household. That's 5 of us and so 60 eggs for $7 would be a BIG help...but, I'm also trying to be more cognizant of source (again, thanks to PB) and would like to try to keep working down the spectrum away from "conventional" eggs towards pastured, cage free, naturally raised/fed chickens laying the eggs I eat...
    costco
    i can't speak on quality of the eggs, i will look next time i go....i am sure they aren't fancy...i know they aren't omega-3 and more than likely not cage-free