Thread: Restaurants in Sacramento?? page

wiltondeportes Guest

Restaurants in Sacramento??

Primal Fuel
    Everybody can start their own threads if they want, but with regards to Sac/North California, what are some really good restaurants? Not just flavor wise, but quality ingredient and at least semi-primal wise.

I like Pronto and Panera for the soup/salad combo. Pronto is hit and miss, but they also have nice blue plate specials on occasion. They're also a block away from my apartment.

Dad's Kitchen has some pretty good food. It seems like everything is made from scratch.

Zocalo's has some incredible smoked pork. Pochita Pibil I think it's called. It comes with guac, sauerkraut or some type of cabbage, and a second sauce. It also comes with quality rice and beans to stock up on those carbs.

Muntean Soups and La Bonne Soup Cafe are a couple places I want to hit up, but they always close before I have a chance to get over there (5 pm).

Any other places people know of? Obviously, there's a few places like the Waterboy or others that offer grassfed beef, but it might be $50 per dinner.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    We don't get out to eat that much. When we eat out, usually we go to El Torrito. I have fajitas without the beans and rice. In the summer, we sometimes go to Fresh Choice. They now have a high percentage of local produce.

There are lots of farm to table restaurants. I just haven't explored them. Can't really afford to.

The Sacramento Bee food critic is fantastic. But he is covering the whole spectrum of food from four star to barrio walk-up Mexican stands and food trucks.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Kamel is offline Junior Member
    It's on the expensive side of things, but I had the most incredible piece of pork I have ever eaten at Ella's the other night. Great cheese plates, too.

Edit: oh and Orphan in East Sac for breakfast. Avocado scramble is fantastic, as are the cornmeal blueberry pancakes.
    Last edited by Kamel; 08-02-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    Edit: oh and Orphan in East Sac for breakfast. Avocado scramble is fantastic, as are the cornmeal blueberry pancakes.
    Thanks for the tip. It's close to my house but I never would have found it since I never go down C.

I didn't realize there were so many forum members in Sac.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

wiltondeportes Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    We don't get out to eat that much. When we eat out, usually we go to El Torrito. I have fajitas without the beans and rice. In the summer, we sometimes go to Fresh Choice. They now have a high percentage of local produce.

There are lots of farm to table restaurants. I just haven't explored them. Can't really afford to.

The Sacramento Bee food critic is fantastic. But he is covering the whole spectrum of food from four star to barrio walk-up Mexican stands and food trucks.
    Good call on Fresh Choice. That's another favorite.