Thread: What is our baseline? page

honeypig is offline Senior Member

What is our baseline?

Primal Fuel
    Gone.
    Last edited by honeypig; 08-02-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: going off topic in a direction not relevant to this site.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Yes it is appalling and no, I am not surprised the doc put "healthy" on his chart. Big Pharma baby.
    Last edited by geostump; 08-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Georgette

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    That's such a shame. It's like these doctors are just waiting for patients to get unhealthier and need more medications so they can get kickbacks from the drug companies. I suspect my current doctor is one of these types. Before, when I was in a lot of pain, all she wanted to do was prescribe scary pills that would mask my symptoms instead of fixing the problem. Senseless.

I used to be one of those who accepted that health problems multiply as a normal part of aging. (Even my doctor told me that.) But learning how the PB lifestyle can protect against and reverse health problems has been quite an eye-opener for me. It doesn't have to be all downhill after 30.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    My MIL is on a dozen medications and the scariest one is the statin. She has had a heart attack but I thought the research said that statins were of no help for women over 65 to avoid a second heart attack. I asked her about and she was unsure as she has always had low cholesterol. Big Pharma getting paid by someone that has always had low cholesterol and had a heart attack anyway so give them the boiler plate sripts.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Apparently the "baseline" is the ability to breathe and pay for over priced medications. The definition of "healthy," as it were.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Be careful quoting from medical records, even when you are doing so anonymously and without any kind of identifying information about the patient. I know someone that got in trouble for this exact thing. This person sent an email to someone with a quote from a report without any identifying information about the patient, and they were reprimanded for it as a HIPAA violation.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Be careful quoting from medical records, even when you are doing so anonymously and without any kind of identifying information about the patient. I know someone that got in trouble for this exact thing. This person sent an email to someone with a quote from a report without any identifying information about the patient, and they were reprimanded for it as a HIPAA violation.
    Very much so. I work for a DME and it wouldn't be difficult for this to be reported to Medicare.
    Georgette