Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't believe this $#!( is working! page

akm3 is offline Member

I can't believe this $#!( is working!

Primal Fuel
    So I started Primal a week ago. After reading the book cover to cover the previous week, and then reviewing some sections.

In one week I've lost ~8lbs, my energy levels are up, I'm eating food I enjoy, due to the energy I've become more active, outside more, and just generally feel awesome. After eating a high fat meal, my metabolism seems to kick into over drive, and I get hot flashes and am bursting with energy and feel like superman. I tried barefoot walking and did a dumb and burnt my feet, but that is getting better - will be getting vibrams or something later this week. I ventured into a health food / local food store for the first time and tried some stuff. It was more expensive but I couldn't believe how much better most of the food tastes. Local uncured bacon = better. Local apples? Squishier but MUCH juicier and tastier. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I know my first week weight loss is kind of the beginner/freebie weight and it slows down a bit, but I'm just amazed I can be eating what I'm eating, which for so long I've been told to avoid, and seeing the pounds drop off.

OH, I haven't been able to do a pull up for years. I couldn't even hold myself up on the bar for more than 5 seconds much less start declines, I shocked myself by doing two pull-ups.

What is this voodoo magic? It's like I'm in bizarro world.

Started Last Sunday, so 1 week in , down from 231.2lbs to 223.6lbs, more energy, more satiety. This $#!( rocks.

/edit: I love grains and junk food, but if the trade off is RESULTS and feeling this good, then "hit the road, refined carbs"

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    It's good stuff. Glad it is working so well for you. And it only gets better.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Love the title of your journal btw. And yes, it does rock!
    Georgette

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    of course it works, its what were are supposed to be doing. i lost 15lbs the first week and ive continued to lose on average 4 lbs each week since for a total of 34lbs lost in 6 weeks. i feel awesome and i have absolutely zero desire to go back to the way i was before

several years ago i did atkins and it worked very well for me too (150lbs in 12 months) but it just wasnt sustainable. after awhile i got to the point where i started eating all the bad things again thinking i could handle them in moderation. it didnt take long before i was eating a whole box of ding dongs or a bag of doritios in one sitting. i didnt see the wrong types of foods as being poison to my body. i knew they tasted good and that was what mattered. now with going primal i have a much better understanding of what those foods do to my body and why i was alway sick while eating them. i mean is eating a pizza really worth spending the next 2 days on then toilet? fuck that never again
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    awesome for u .. im a week and a couple days in as well and its GREAT isnt it!!!!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    It's like majic! Only it's not. It's merely the proper fuel for the human machine.

For years, I felt like an old broken down Pinto. Turns out, when I bother to actually put the proper fuel in, I'm a freakin' Maserati.
    (And so are you!)

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    It's like majic! Only it's not. It's merely the proper fuel for the human machine.

For years, I felt like an old broken down Pinto. Turns out, when I bother to actually put the proper fuel in, I'm a freakin' Maserati.
    (And so are you!)

love this! (i wish there was a "like" or "kick ass" button )

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

(And so are you!)

The Ford Pinto, the poor man's Mustang.
    Georgette

akm3 is offline Member
    I just had my first Judo back after my vacation where I had slightly injured my knee AND having been on a full week of Primal food. I had surprisingly limitless power. Usually I peter out after about 20 pushups, but I went through all 50 and still had gas in the tank. The rolls felt smoother, the sit-ups easier. The "leg lifts" (a core exercise where you hold your feet six inches above the ground for a long time) as easy and again I had gas in the tank afterwards. I was uplifted, positive, and just bursting with energy and could do no wrong. Even my knee (recent ACL surgery) was just feeling spot on.

I am feeling *awesome*. Weight was even down a bit more this morning to 223.4lbs.

Still super stoked about the whole thing. How long does the initial euphoria last for most people? I know this isn't a permanent feeling.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, you'll go through a whole slew of emotions.

First is disbelief (as expressed in your journal title!). Then comes the euphoria. You'll also go through anger (at being told a crapload of lies by CW for all these years) and possibly even mourning for all the precious time lost and the struggle you've endured. There's a good chance you'll likely become evangelical about the PB for a period of time, too.

Going into the second and third years -- your food is clean, you've got the basics down, you've healed your body, you've worked through the surrealism and the anger and the sense of loss, everybody is converted, and you're sick of answering the same newbie questions 193 times -- there's a sense of "OK, what's next?" And THAT will be the topic of Mark Sisson's next book.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast