Thread: Lifting Routines page

wehey is offline Member

Lifting Routines

Shop Now
    Hiya all,

1st post here, so treat me gently lol.
    Have been eating and exercising primal for about 4-5weeks now and am feeling great.
    I have changed my workouts to suit the PB philosophy but have a quick question.

I am finding it hard to fit in my lifting workouts, along with all the low effort cardio. I was thinking about changing it. Rather than 1x2 intense full body workouts per week, how about exercising 1 body part a day? ie Mon: pushups, Tues: Grok Squats, Wed: Pullups, Thurs: Shoulders..........this way the total workout time would be 5mins per day.

Sorry is this is a daft question but i am still getting my head around the PB way of exercising. Would this give my body enough rest? or am i better off sticking to the 1x2 whole body sessions a week??

Thanks in advance

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Well you could do that, and if it fits your schedule better making you train more consistently then I would say its prefferable. Many sports athletes train every day, just be aware of how you're feeling and take a day off if you're really fatigued. You also have to realize you're not isolating muscle groups when you're performing bodyweight exercises so there will be some crossover, pushups and "shoulder training" both working the front delts and triceps for example, but even so I doubt it will be with enough intensity to be detrimental if you don't do em on back-to-back days.

I would need to see friday, saturday, sunday aswell to make sure you're not doing any retarded exercises before giving a thumbs up
    Haven't seen marks ebook in a while but I would do pushups/dips, pullups, (hill) sprints, (negative) hand stand pushups, rollouts/l-sits/plank variation, pullups/row (again yes), pistol squats, this is assuming you're only doing bodyweight exercises.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    The best workout plan is whatever it takes to get you to actually do it.
    You might want to add a 5-minute warmup of some sort onto those workouts, depending on the level you are starting at.

These exercises can be done in conjunction with your walking, but it isn't such a good idea to include lifting heavy things with sprinting, as sprinting or lifting heavy things both will often leave you pretty drained.

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    It's worth a shot. See if you can do it and still make progress on each exercise.
    5 minutes on one body area won't kill you with systemic fatigue.

Another time saving option would be to do the whole routine once weekly, 1 cycle and push very hard on that one set of each exercise.
    At least one member has posted satisfaction with this modification of the ebook plan.

wehey is offline Member
    Thanks for the replies guy and girls

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    The best workout plan is whatever it takes to get you to actually do it.
    You might want to add a 5-minute warmup of some sort onto those workouts, depending on the level you are starting at.
    Yeah i have been warming up with some kettlebell swings

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    These exercises can be done in conjunction with your walking, but it isn't such a good idea to include lifting heavy things with sprinting, as sprinting or lifting heavy things both will often leave you pretty drained.
    That's the idea as i am really starting enjoying the walks and gentle cycles without the Cronic Cardio (which is how i used to exercise)........so if i am late home from work and time is limited i can do my quick lifting workout, eat then out for a cycle along the seafront!!

The sprinting i would of course do on a day where no weights were lifted

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    My workouts consist of something like this 2-3 times a week but with added Pull-ups:

Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! Client Spotlight: John

I do add weights for the squats and lunges.

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wehey View Post
    Thanks for the replies guy and girls

The sprinting i would of course do on a day where no weights were lifted
    I would consider doing pushup->sprint or shoulder->sprint and leaving two days free from high-intensity activity.
    Obviously squat-sprint would suck very much.