Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: I Cook and Then I Chill -- Ellie's Journal page

  1. #1
    Ellie G's Avatar
    Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    493

    I Cook and Then I Chill -- Ellie's Journal

    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aww, yeah.

    Quick history: lifelong believer in low carbing, though I didn't practice what I preached; history of binge eating and bulimia. Went seriously Primal in October; joined Overeaters Anonymous in March. Got married in June (yay!) but strayed back to crappy eating afterwards and relapsed on binge/purge a couple weeks ago.

    THEN! TWIST! Two days ago I ended up in the ER with high blood sugar, vision problems, and dehydration. I got sent home with a glucose monitor, insulin, and instructions to get in touch with a diabetes educator on Monday morning. I don't have an official diagnosis of anything yet.

    So this is a journal for my re-commitment to Primal eating and my new commitment to prioritizing my health, figuring out what's wrong, and getting it under control!

  2. #2
    Ellie G's Avatar
    Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    493
    Plan for Monday, August 1:

    - 1 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 oz. almonds
    - 8 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 c. roasted vegetables, 1 T butter
    - 8 oz. pork, 8 oz. broccoli, 1 T butter
    - 3 cups green tea
    - fish oil, calcium

    - 2 sets LHT, 60 minutes walking
    Last edited by Ellie G; 07-31-2011 at 10:11 PM.

  3. #3
    Ellie G's Avatar
    Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    493
    Woke up with high sugar (407), called in sick to work (my last sick day until November! yikes!), saw the doctor and got a tetanus shot and a referral to an endocrinologist, didn't feel like eating much until the sugars were under control. It rained all afternoon, so I could not go for a walk. Boo. I also watched a lot of Celebrity Rehab 'cause I'm classy like that.

    I got more data today about how things affect my blood sugar. I am trying to look at this as a fun puzzle to solve!

    Monday actuals:
    - AM weight 163.2
    - 8 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 c. roasted vegetables, 1/2 oz. almonds
    - 3 cups green tea
    - fish oil, calcium, 1 tsp cinnamon
    - LHT 2x5 door pullups, 2x5 knees pushups, 2x5 BW squats, 2x5 coffee-table OHPs, 2x:45 planks and side planks



    Plan for Tuesday, August 2:
    - 1 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 oz. almonds
    - 8 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 c. roasted vegetables, 1 T butter
    - 8 oz. pork, 8 oz. broccoli, 1 T butter
    - 3 cups green tea
    - fish oil, calcium, cinnamon
    - 30 minutes walking


    This is cool!
    Last edited by Ellie G; 08-01-2011 at 04:34 PM.

  4. #4
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    THEN! TWIST! Two days ago I ended up in the ER with high blood sugar, vision problems, and dehydration. I got sent home with a glucose monitor, insulin, and instructions to get in touch with a diabetes educator on Monday morning. I don't have an official diagnosis of anything yet.
    Yikes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellie G View Post
    So this is a journal for my re-commitment to Primal eating and my new commitment to prioritizing my health, figuring out what's wrong, and getting it under control!
    I know you can do it!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  5. #5
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,017
    Hey girl, nice to see you back journaling, regardless of the not so good circumstances. Staying true to primal can only improve things, and you can do it, we've seen that in the past.

    Have you considered including the egg yolks into your breakfast meal? Not sure why the whites only??

    Looking forward to seeing more of that food porn you've been famous for previously...

  6. #6
    NourishedEm's Avatar
    NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,570
    Oh Honey! That sucks!! Btw, if you're going to change your journal you need to tell a person! I would have missed it if not for a random happenstance.

    Seconded about the yolks too. Egg whites are just protein and you need to watch that your protein is not too high if you have sugar issues. Eat whole foods! There's a reason God put a yolk in an egg, it's where all the goodies are, the lovely fat, the choline, the fat-soluble vitamins. EAT THE YOLK!!

  7. #7
    Ellie G's Avatar
    Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I know you can do it!!!
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hey girl, nice to see you back journaling, regardless of the not so good circumstances. Staying true to primal can only improve things, and you can do it, we've seen that in the past.
    Thanks! I am pretty discouraged right now, but I keep reminding myself of how good I felt once I was in the swing of things!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Looking forward to seeing more of that food porn you've been famous for previously...
    Of course I forgot to take a picture of my lunch today! Although I'm going to eat the same thing tomorrow ...


    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Oh Honey! That sucks!! Btw, if you're going to change your journal you need to tell a person! I would have missed it if not for a random happenstance.
    Good idea!

    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Seconded about the yolks too. Egg whites are just protein and you need to watch that your protein is not too high if you have sugar issues. Eat whole foods! There's a reason God put a yolk in an egg, it's where all the goodies are, the lovely fat, the choline, the fat-soluble vitamins. EAT THE YOLK!!
    This is a good reminder! I always forget how good for you eggs are -- I used to have kind of a phobia about them so I don't remember to include them in my diet.

    But don't worry, folks, I'm not going Ornish on you. I just had a bunch of stray whites to eat up after making a ton of custard-based ice cream for my family last weekend.

  8. #8
    unsuperb's Avatar
    unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    867
    *sneaks in* Congrats on the wedding, Ms. Ma'am! And you take care of yo'self, ya hear?

  9. #9
    Ellie G's Avatar
    Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    493
    Tuesday actuals:
    - AM weight: 160.4
    - Food and exercise: batting 1000! Kick ass.

    Tetanus shot aftermath + DOMS = owwwwwwwww.

    I was very sad all day. I hope this is just withdrawal from my carby bingey dopamine fix and it goes away soon!

    --

    Plan for Wednesday, August 3
    - 3 oz. ham, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 oz. almonds
    - 8 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 c. roasted vegetables, 1 T butter
    - 8 oz. pork, 8 oz. broccoli, 1 T olive oil
    - 3 cups black tea
    - fish oil, calcium, cinnamon
    - 2x5 squats (gonna skip the rest of the LHT and give my arm a break!), 30 minutes walking

    --


  10. #10
    Ellie G's Avatar
    Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    493
    Wednesday actuals:
    - Food and exercise: as planned + 1 T fiber with breakfast



    Still so moody. Wah wah wah.

    --

    Plan for Thursday, August 4
    - 3/4 c. egg whites, 4 slices bacon, 1 scoop protein powder, 11 almonds, 4 baby carrots
    - 16 oz. ground turkey, 16 oz. cabbage, 1 T butter
    - 3 cups black tea
    - fish oil, calcium, cinnamon, fiber
    - 30 minutes walking

    --



    I would not mind doing it so much if it worked like that!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •