Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Cook and Then I Chill -- Ellie's Journal page 2

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thursday actuals:
    AM weight: 160.8
    Food and exercise: as planned + scrap of cheddar cheese pressed on me, which gave me brief but powerful gas pains! Snacking during a fast should be handled with care.

Mount Breakfast!

Mood still crappy. Energy VERY low. Spent the evening helping build the monthly square dance periodical. It's very tedious work that InDesign can probably streamline considerably, except all us editors are volunteers and no one (including me) really knows how to use the program effectively. The Robot Husband is a whiz at it, though, so I'll run my thoughts by him and see what shortcuts I can come up with.

Got the lab results from my doctor's visit on Monday. My A1C is 12.8% -- I'm not totally sure what that means except it is quite high (normal is 3.5-6.0) and therefore Not Good. Well, I have a lot to learn, and I will learn it!

--

Plan for Friday, August 5
    - 3/4 c. egg whites, 2 slices ham, 1 T butter, 1 scoop protein powder, 11 almonds, 4 baby carrots
    - 16 oz. ground turkey, 16 oz. cabbage, 1 T butter
    - 3 cups black tea
    - fish oil, calcium, cinnamon, fiber
    - 2x5 squats, 30 minutes walking
    Last edited by Ellie G; 08-04-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Friday actuals:
    AM weight: 161.4
    Food and exercise: as planned

Tasted better than it looks!

Bad mood, low energy, rubbery legs, and let's throw headache and social aversion into the mix. It's really hard to talk in complete sentences or make eye contact. Oh, and my vision is being wonky, even though my sugars have been under 200 almost all day. I read a few places that this is just how it works when you're getting high blood sugars under control -- your body has gotten so used to it that the change makes you feel like crap until you adjust.

We are watching old episodes of South Park right now. Classic! Every time I see them eating cookies or ice cream or cake, I really want some. I can get craving-triggered by construction paper! That is pretty sad.

--

Plan for Saturday, August 6
    - 16 oz. ground turkey, 4 slices bacon, 1 scoop protein powder, 11 almonds, 4 baby carrots
    - dunno what lunch will be -- possibly oot and aboot with my mom and sister, or else 16 oz. broccoli, 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, 1 T butter
    - 3 cups green tea
    - fish oil, calcium, cinnamon, fiber
    - 30 minutes walking

Saturday actuals:
    AM weight: 161.2
    Food and exercise: as planned + 2x5 door pullups, 2x5 knee pushups, 2x5 coffee-table OHPs, 2x:45 elbow/knee planks and side planks

My younger, more perfect sister was in town unexpectedly, and so she, my mom, the Robot Husband, and I went to a nearby tourist town for some shopping in the historic downtown district. They have one store that just sells olive oil and vinegar. After a bit of taste-testing, we starting making combos like Persian Lime oil + Coconut vinegar (yum!) and Blood Orange oil + Dark Chocolate vinegar (ditto!). If I ever start cooking more like a gourmet, I'm making a trip back. I bought some cool wraps made from reused fabric that can be worn as shawls or skirts. Everyone else got ice cream at a malt shop, but I was VERY VIRTUOUS and had nothing. The evening was spent editing the latest turd of a manuscript. Whee!

--

Plan for Sunday, August 7

- 8 oz. chicken, 8 oz. broccoli, 1 T butter, 11 almonds, 4 baby carrots
    - 4 oz. cheese, 1 scoop whey protein powder
    - 8 oz. panfish, 8 oz. zucchini, 2 T butter
    - 2 T olive oil
    - 3 cups green tea
    - fish oil, calcium, cinnamon, fiber, magnesium
    - 30 minutes walking

I'm not ignoring everyone else's journals! Just taking a week-long internet vacation -- with an exception for logging my own stuff so I don't lose track.

---

Had a relapse: binged last night and purged today. I am working to deal with it and get back on track.

---

Plan for Tuesday, August 9

- 8 oz. ground turkey, 1/2 large zucchini, peppers and onions, 2 scoops whey protein with fiber and cinnamon and 1/4 c. half and half
    - 1 T olive oil
    - TGI Friday's Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with 1 oz. Bleu Cheese dressing
    - 1 shot vodka
    - fish oil, calcium, magnesium
    - 1 hour walking, 2 sets PBF LHT

Not perfect, not by a long shot, but better! Yes, I recognize how suboptimal it is that a day capped by inhaling half a jar of peanut butter is a marked improvement. This is the disease.

Actuals for Tuesday:
    - 8 oz. ground turkey, 1/2 large zucchini, peppers and onions, 2 scoops whey protein with fiber and cinnamon and 1/4 c. half and half
    - 1 package Skittles, 1 package peanut butter M&Ms
    - TGI Friday's Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with 1 oz. Bleu Cheese dressing
    - 1/2 jar peanut butter and a bunch of dark chocolate
    - no supplements or exercise to speak of

Tomorrow is going to be better. I have a cunning plan.

---

Plan for Wednesday, August 10
    - 3 oz. ham, 4 oz. cheese, 8 oz. zucchini, 1 T butter
    - 2 scoops whey protein with fiber and cinnamon and 1 c. half and half
    - 8 oz. panfish, 8 oz. napa cabbage, 2 T butter
    - Diet Sunkist
    - 30 minutes walking

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    Looking at your gorgeous food pictures is making me hungry!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Almost replied on your old thread, then saw the redirect. so I'll reply here. Dang, all this food looks great.

YAY married! You look great. And you look happy in all the pics. I especially love the soaked pics from your Maid of the Mist tour.

You know, when *I* was your age, the MotM used these horrible mildew-smelly reusable raincoats that a million people had worn before you. Be glad you had disposables. XD

And hanging out with primal peeps... eating that good food... I am teh jealouzes. SIIIIGH
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasey View Post
    Looking at your gorgeous food pictures is making me hungry!
    Thanks for calling them gorgeous! I like to think I'm getting better at food photography. And cooking, for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    YAY married! You look great.
    Thank you!

You know, when *I* was your age, the MotM used these horrible mildew-smelly reusable raincoats that a million people had worn before you. Be glad you had disposables. XD
    Eww! That sounds grody. Disposables were DEFINITELY better.

And hanging out with primal peeps... eating that good food... I am teh jealouzes. SIIIIGH
    I'm jealous of myself! The Cleveland Primal gang are all hella cool and so much fun to hang out with!

Actuals for Wednesday:
    - Food and excerise: as planned + extra 10 minutes walking. Fuck yeah!

My cunning plan (prefilling insulin syringes and leaving the rest at home so I couldn't binge and then correct it with extra insulin) worked in terms of keeping me out of crap food, but I totally underestimated how much I'd need and came home with shitty high blood sugar. Dammit! It's always something! I knew I was following the diet successfully because the depression steadily crept up all day. I did go to my lovely crazy OA meeting tonight and that helped.

Tomorrow will be interesting -- I'm starting a slow-acting 24-hour insulin to supplement the fast-acting just-for-meals insulin I have now. I have no idea how it will affect me! Positively, I hope!

---

Plan for Thursday, August 11
    - 7 slices ham, 2 oz. cheddar, 16 oz. napa cabbage, 2 cups cottage cheese
    - 8 oz. panfish, 11 almonds, 1/2 cup half and half with cinnamon
    - Diet Sunkist, diet root beer
    - 3 cups black tea
    - 30 minutes walking

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Did you ever watch Blackadder? The phrase "I have a cunning plan" always reminds me of Baldrick. Then again, if you've never seen it, that just made no sense at all!

Good luck with the slow-acting insulin, hopefully it'll keep you at a much more even keel over the course of the day. Don't be too hard on yourself either, you're just figuring this shit out and it sucks big-time that you now have a far more serious consequence to bad food decisions.

However, you could also look on it as an opportunity. I know, for example, that being diagnosed with gluten intolerance has made it a hell of a lot easier to stay away from grains. Would I have been so virtuous if I didn't suffer horrendous consequences? I doubt it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast