Thread: A weeks menu for skeptical and forced converts? page

Bushrat is offline Senior Member

A weeks menu for skeptical and forced converts?

Shop Now
    I am moving into a house with two people. One of whom has just been diagnosed as having gluten intolerance on top of dairy intolerance. I have never bought the subject of Paleo up with her. She also isn't very fond of beef which renders 99% of my limited cooking ability useless. The other housemate has been listening to me preach paleo a year and admitted I'm onto something and will eat whatever I cook (he isn't a fan of cooking or shopping):

So what is a good first week's menu to win them over? I need recipe ideas? Enough to construct a week's menu.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Personally... I'd simply state "eat what I cook or make your own damn food." But that's just me.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    If she isn't found of beef, try other protein sources. Buy some tuna or salmon - cooking is pretty much the same as with a steak. Cook salmon completely - it will be quick - and if you have a great source for tuna it can be good rare or medium rare.
    Most people don't need more than 3-4 ounces of meat per meal (about 1/2 cup) to get their protein needs. Add lots of veggies to the meal - raw (salads, chopped) or cooked (grilled or sauteed) so they see a meal of veggies with some meat. That's what sold me on the plan.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    My favorite non-beef meals:

Grilled marinated fish taco served in lettuce bowls with mango salsa.

Pork Carnitas with red onion/cilantro relish wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves.

Shrimp served in adobo/cilantro/lime/olive oil/cumin grilled avocados.

Coconut chips with dark chocolate.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Give them familiar food - lamb chops, pork fillet, cevapi (Woolies' cevapi are gluten-free), meatballs in a tomato sauce. Serve with plenty of veggies - salad, roasted, stirfried, steamed
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    checkout "Everyday Paleo" - week menus plus shopping list and my kids have eaten every single thing I made from that book.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Bacon, bacon and bacon. (joking)

Just because she isn't fond of beef doesn't mean that there are no beef recipes she would like.

Familiar foods Peril?! Oh, wait! You two are in Australia. LOL
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    It's not that complicated, meat and vegetables...