Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancer is a... fungus? page 2

nina_70 Guest

Primal Fuel

I think you gotta take Mercola w/ a grain a salt. I'm on his mailing list and always have a fun time reading what he comes out with. Some of it is useful, some of it funny, and some of it totally out there on the deep end.

I do agree w/ the sugar statements. Candida thrives on sugar, and I do believe cancer does too.

madMUHHH Guest

Actually I do not even think that that idea is completely over the top and ridiculous. There's alaso a book out there about that theory and from what I've read the treatment actually seems to be pretty successful. I still would take it with a grain of salt, but I honestly think that it is possible.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

take it with a grain of.... sodium bicarbonate?

heheheh sorry i had to.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

unheatedgarage Guest

I still get his newsletter as well, if only for the entertainment factor. He’s definitely got some interesting ideas, but when I read about his “Emotional Freedom Technique” where you can just tap your pounds away or something, I lol’ed.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I now know two people who were going to beat cancer with alternative therapies, meditation, diet, anything but gawdforbid, modern medicine.

One's in the grave and the other in hospice. OTOH, my father is alive two years beyond his original predicted date of death. Yes, he is still dying, but he definitely would be in the niche well before now if we hadn't gone the chemo route.

I'm not saying to not be aware of things like diet, just know that if and when it does "cure" cancer, it's rare and perhaps even a statistical fluke. Just like my dad's liver cancers; still no pain.

And yeah, I won't grace Mercola's pages with his squeeze. Rot in hell. Compare that to all the information Mark puts out there and he still seems to make a good living. Grace coming back at him. Mercola, Art Devany, Cordain, not generous players.

shastagirl Guest

i believe some things this guy says, but alot of the time hes trying to push some product of his now. a few years back his website was quite useful, i was on his mailing list i do have a sign in to there you dont have to pay money to read his stuff either. i just used an old email that i barely read anymore to log in so that i dont have to worry about spam either (i do this with alot of sites).

i read up on the grain and sugar section, which actually made me pursue more information and i found my way here.

madMUHHH Guest

[quote]

I still get his newsletter as well, if only for the entertainment factor. He’s definitely got some interesting ideas, but when I read about his “Emotional Freedom Technique” where you can just tap your pounds away or something, I lol’ed. </blockquote>

Not the best example. EFT actually does work.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

OTB, what about those people that are on a rotten meat diet? Someone just posted a thread about it recently. I did a quick skim through the material about the guy and he has a large following of people many of whom claim to be cured of cancer.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

[quote]

Sugar is cancer&#39;s favorite food
    </blockquote>

That appears to be the case. i recently stumbled upon an article mentioning ketogenic diets as a "metabolic treatment" for cancer: http://bit.ly/4G4ZBq

And yes, I should have added the word "completely" after my statement about Mercola&#39;s sanity.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

chowza is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

It&#39;s important to take Mercola with a grain of salt, especially when he&#39;s peddling this or that. But he does advocate a dietary approach that&#39;s very much in line with primal eating, and his emails are often a decent launching point for some interesting ideas about health.

Check out my blog here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast