Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boneless,skinless sardines. YUM! page

Boneless,skinless sardines. YUM!

The "Crown Prince" boneless-skinless sardines in olive oil are like one of the best little primal snacks I've encountered yet. They are relatively inexpensive from Walmart too even. Anyone else enjoy these? If you haven't you should give them a try

localad is offline Senior Member
    I like the skin and bones.
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Violette is offline Senior Member
    My husband hs told me these are delicious. And I'd forgotten about em. Will get.
    Wisdom begins in the recognition of how little we know.

(teaching of Socrates)

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I love the skin and bones. Goya is my favorite brand. In olive oil, of course.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    I prefer the skin and bones too. The skinless, boneless are dry. More like tuna.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    See, now, I'm good with no skin and no bones. I can handle it, usually, but I'd prefer not having to. I like sardines, and I've never found a brand that didn't have that extra "ick" factor that I can't seem to overcome.

Maybe I'll have to head down and check them out!
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Lars86 is offline Senior Member
    Try the 'Two-Layer' sardines in olive oil from King Oscar. These are much smaller fish and you wont even notice the skin and bones (but you will get the nutrition). I drain the oil, and lump on a few spoonfulls of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Try the red can of mackerel. It's got skin and a nice fat spine that just mushes up when you chew it. You can even pull out the neural cord and slurp it down by itself and eat the bones after if you want. Plus for $1.20 you get more than half your protein for the day in high omega 3, low-pollutant fish!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Why throw out nutrients? Second the recommendation for King Oscar in extra virgin olive oil
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars86 View Post
    Try the 'Two-Layer' sardines in olive oil from King Oscar. These are much smaller fish and you wont even notice the skin and bones (but you will get the nutrition). I drain the oil, and lump on a few spoonfulls of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
    King Oscar is great also. But why drain the olive oil? It would blend with your homemade dressing, I think?
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast