Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: ok...here goes.... page

  1. #1
    hottierockstar's Avatar
    hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern California - Moorpark
    Posts
    269

    ok...here goes....

    Shop Now
    i hesitate.....
    i've been on other forums (regardless of the subject matter) that the panicky "omg what do i do now?" introduction gets eye rolling and groans from those that "get it" (me included LOL)

    so here are my reason(s) for panic LOL
    (i'll bust out the relevant-ish details at the end )

    #1:
    my brain chemistry is all goofed up and i can't think clearly from the crazy eating habits i have been employing, intentionally or otherwise so i am the total dingbat that is like "crap i need to do something....wait what am i talking about?"

    #2:
    primal/paleo is pretty straightforward right? eat plants/animals, don't eat grains, processed foods, sugars, legumes, etc
    ok, that i get.....i think i am panicking because i know that i have had a lifelong issue of eating too little or too much so i kind of want an actual concise "blueprint" and lists...(a little confused that there is "no counting" but there is the Carbohydrate Curve....which requires counting....and caloric reqs...which requires counting? or did i misread?)
    i'd prefer:
    eat Xoz of XYZ proteins X times a day
    eat XYZ fruit X times a day
    eat XYZ veg X times a day
    for a general daily caloric requirement of XYZ

    i really feel like i need a starting point until i get my brain function balanced and stable

    ok yeah...i know there were more reasons but...proof that my brain is whackadoodle i just lost my train of thought...wtf?

    basic and recent history...
    I build muscle easily(when i actually use them!)...my eating habits have caused me to also lose muscle VERY quickly....flabbiest ever!
    I also feel the worst, weakest, foggiest, and oldest i have felt in all of my almost 42 years....

    for the last year and half i have been on/off a very low calorie "supplemented" plan, that does NOT advocate exercise....that worked exactly one time (lost 14lbs and kept it off for about 3 months....you know the composition of what i have gained back....it ain't muscle kids! )
    protein, fruit, veg; low to no grain/carb, low to no fat, ...(very short list of allowed foods)

    last year at this time i was pretty darn comfortable in a bathing suit, sundress, most if not all of my clothes...now i dread having to get dressed, can't stand wearing sleeveless shirts, etc (oh yeah that whole bathing suit thing....pretty much NOT an option but probably far less torturous than my jeans! LOL)

    i know that i have lost a significant portion of what lean mass i did have, no energy to do anything about it (shocker? not really LOL)

    I stand behind a chair all day doing hair....and flat out forget to eat, not just when i am working...it just doesn't seem to be a priority until it is too late and i am famished and dingy (unless i have complete structure/plan of attack to create a habit) and then think "oh man i didn't eat all day....pizza is ok right?" (uh....clearly my real brain knows this to not be valid)

    anyway....i think this was mostly rambling and disconnected but.....
    do i need to count calories?
    do i need to count grams?
    where do i start? (yes i have read the book and the newbies start here posts and guides)
    i just can't tie it all together with "primal for dingdongs" which is what i think i need until my brain works (yes i know i am being repetitive), i guess my brain is working enough to know that it is not working properly and why... LOL


    i am:
    female
    41
    5'2"
    125-130ish (yes i KNOW that is not "obese" but the flab and cellulite are proof that scale numbers don't matter for health/composition/comfort)

    help a potential warrior out?
    (if you can figure out what the hell i am rambling on about! LOL)

    mikki

  2. #2
    Captain Archer's Avatar
    Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    556
    125-130ish (yes i KNOW that is not "obese" but the flab and cellulite are proof that scale numbers don't matter for health/composition/comfort)

    Exactly I only weigh in at 150 on the scale but I have a higher end of body fat.
    For advice I would say stick with the blueprint and keep up with the exercise suggested.
    If you find you don't like walking because it's boring, bring music.
    If you want to play, then by all means play
    If you want to escape humanity and relax in the woods, I suggest doing it for great stress release (that's what I do, most every night.)

  3. #3
    hottierockstar's Avatar
    hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern California - Moorpark
    Posts
    269
    i love walking and it is great fun with my dog....she is happy and wondrous at everything she smells/sees (she is also a great player/stress reliever )

    i am not having any brain damage regarding the activity....which is only 20% of the gig.....it's the other *really* important 80% LOL

  4. #4
    js290's Avatar
    js290 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,026

  5. #5
    hottierockstar's Avatar
    hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern California - Moorpark
    Posts
    269
    right.....

    i don't mean to sound ungrateful or argumentative.....
    i can't engage in activity or access ketones for brain function if i haven't started eating primal foods....go buy a cow and a bag of greens and call it a day? i think not LOL

  6. #6
    girlarchitect's Avatar
    girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
    right.....

    i don't mean to sound ungrateful or argumentative.....
    i can't engage in activity or access ketones for brain function if i haven't started eating primal foods....go buy a cow and a bag of greens and call it a day? i think not LOL
    Okay ... it seems that you might want help figuring out a starting point for yourself in terms of what you eat and how much you eat and determining all the ratios and numbers that seem a bit overwhelming when you read them. Right?

    If so, I'll be happy to walk you through the basics (at least as I understand them) to get you started.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

  7. #7
    hottierockstar's Avatar
    hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern California - Moorpark
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    Okay ... it seems that you might want help figuring out a starting point for yourself in terms of what you eat and how much you eat and determining all the ratios and numbers that seem a bit overwhelming when you read them. Right?

    If so, I'll be happy to walk you through the basics (at least as I understand them) to get you started.
    yes.
    please.
    thank you

    i'd like to get my meals for the next few days together and don't want to go willy nilly with purchases/portions....and don't want to undereat or overeat (that's no way to have balanced insulin and lean muscle mass )

  8. #8
    girlarchitect's Avatar
    girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by hottierockstar View Post
    yes.
    please.
    thank you

    i'd like to get my meals for the next few days together and don't want to go willy nilly with purchases/portions....and don't want to undereat or overeat (that's no way to have balanced insulin and lean muscle mass )
    I'm happy to help. I'm going to suggest we not start with numbers and ratios. Not for the first week. We can get into that next week - I promise. Because you have written that you have some pretty crazy eating habits I think we should focus on eating as healthy as possible. I know you want numbers. I'll give you ideas for proportions to get you started which is all you need right now. There is a huge world of food out there for you to eat and explore. This week, let's figure out what you are going to eat. So you can go out and buy what you need.
    A couple basics first. Are you just buying food/cooking for yourself? What kinds of food do you like and eat right now? Do you like steaks, seafood, thai, mexican, salads? Whatever. Do you eat out? Does your work sometimes mean lunches are sometimes provided?
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

  9. #9
    girlarchitect's Avatar
    girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    368
    Quickly look at this sample menu ... can you imagine eating these meals? Don't worry about volume - we will cover that. But can you imagine eating an omlete for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a steak and veggies for dinner? Is there something on that list that worries you?
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

  10. #10
    hottierockstar's Avatar
    hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern California - Moorpark
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    I'm happy to help. I'm going to suggest we not start with numbers and ratios. Not for the first week. We can get into that next week - I promise. Because you have written that you have some pretty crazy eating habits I think we should focus on eating as healthy as possible. I know you want numbers. I'll give you ideas for proportions to get you started which is all you need right now. There is a huge world of food out there for you to eat and explore. This week, let's figure out what you are going to eat. So you can go out and buy what you need.
    A couple basics first. Are you just buying food/cooking for yourself? What kinds of food do you like and eat right now? Do you like steaks, seafood, thai, mexican, salads? Whatever. Do you eat out? Does your work sometimes mean lunches are sometimes provided?

    I do far better with planning/cooking/preparing for myself than trying to grab something reasonable on the fly (if that makes sense - sometimes it's a muscle milk, sometimes it's nothing, sometimes it's a coffee, sometimes i flat out give up and get fast food).
    work lunches are never provided...unless another stylist comes up and says "want one of those really yummy sandwiches? i'm placing an order for delivery" (which i have no problem declining)
    When i am motivated and have the sense given to cook for myself i eat proteins and veggies....because i have been eating too little and too infrequently.....tostitos, sugars, tortillas, and ice cream have been sneaking in LOL (like they're some stealth entity with the power to do anything? LOL)

    Quote Originally Posted by girlarchitect View Post
    Quickly look at this sample menu ... can you imagine eating these meals? Don't worry about volume - we will cover that. But can you imagine eating an omlete for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a steak and veggies for dinner? Is there something on that list that worries you?
    honestly the only thing that does worry me is volume. I know with me it could go either way....too much/little.
    i think that comes from the extremely low calorie diet that i have done/attempted. the contents of that diet are basically primal but very low intake.

    these are the things that i usually go to when i am being "good"*

    proteins:
    tilapia, egg starters or whole eggs, egg-white "bread", chicken, beef (steak, roast), ground turkey, ground chicken (love bacon - turkey or pork and would love to have that back in my life!)

    veggies:
    brussel sprouts, butter leaf lettuce, asparagus, cabbage, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli

    fruits:
    blackberries, strawberries, grapefruit, apples

    fats:
    coconut oil
    mayo
    avocado
    cheese (string cheese and cheddar for the most part)
    half n half or whole cream

    i am sure there are a LOT more options available to me that i have been swayed from in the last year.

    i don't think i do real well with dairy like cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc....i like those things but i don't think my body responds well to them.

    being "bad" is ice cream, chips, chips, and more chips, dark chocolate, flour tortillas, eating nothing...

    trying to think of what i have had in the last week or so...i was attempting "good" so it was mostly ground turkey, tilapia, ground chicken, tomatoes, steak, etc.....but under 500 calories a day...and
    1. i was starving
    2. i was cranky
    3. gave up (typical restricted calorie yoyo cycle)


    *i know that food or me is neither good nor bad it is just the easiest way to describe when i am making an effort versus willynillyness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •