Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegetarian mischief in US News report page 2

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by DubleYoo View Post
    Nah, no shenanigans, I don't think. If it was the US News changing it, they would have changed more of the top ranking ones. The first three are polled as sucking, with very few votes. As for the vegetarian and vegan "results", well, there are a lot of people that do it on principle alone. It's a large group of people. What I imagine is that they saw the rank, and instantly voted that it "worked" for them, whether they lost weight or not, and then went directly to their competitors, and voted "no", out of principle.
    I wasn't implying that US News changed the votes. I think it was fanatical vegans.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    I wasn't implying that US News changed the votes. I think it was fanatical vegans.
    I believe you just used a pleonasm.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    I had noticed this change as well. As I said in another thread, I have a VERY hard time believing 20,000+ people tried paleo & failed, mostly because most people I know will never even try paleo. "Don't take away my bread!"

It's also annoying that "lifestyle" is not considered so much as "diet", as if these things are quick fixes. Ratings really mean nothing - 12 years ago I could have said that vegetarianism worked for me, as I lost a few pounds (of muscle), nevermind that I felt like garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    I believe you just used a pleonasm.
    Haha. My new word for the day. "Fanatical vegans" - like dark blackness or burning fire.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
    I had noticed this change as well. As I said in another thread, I have a VERY hard time believing 20,000+ people tried paleo & failed, mostly because most people I know will never even try paleo. "Don't take away my bread!"

It's also annoying that "lifestyle" is not considered so much as "diet", as if these things are quick fixes. Ratings really mean nothing - 12 years ago I could have said that vegetarianism worked for me, as I lost a few pounds (of muscle), nevermind that I felt like garbage.
    +1
    Ancestral Health Info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12