Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does starting primal mess with anyone's period? page

maybelline is offline Junior Member

Does starting primal mess with anyone's period?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A question for the ladies. I jumped whole hog into eating primal on July 4th and generally I am feeling fantastic. However, I have not had a period since mid-June (so it's been about 7+ weeks although I haven't kept track of the exact number of days) and am wondering whether the dramatic changes in my eating habits could have messed with my cycle. I have been feeling tremendously prementrual for a couple of weeks but yet it's not showing up. I should mention that I am almost 48 years old so the odds of me being pregnant are extremely slim (but a definite possibility so I will pee on a stick of nothing happens soon). It's more likely that I am being suddenly and dramatically introduced the world of perimenopause OR the eating is doing something to me. Would love to know if anyone has any insight, or has experienced anything similar? Thank you!!!

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    I think it is pretty safe to say that going primal does change your hormones. Lots and lots of the ladies report cycle changes... some good some bad. I am lucky that it seemed to fix my problems.

Take the test before you panic. I'm crossing my fingers that you get the answer you want.

As Zophie said, eating Primally DOES change your hormones (hopefully for the better). I've for the most part, had a positive change (less PMS, etc.). Than again, I'm 28, so nowhere near menopause.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Yup, it can!!

Mine went from every 28 days to every 21-23 ish days which was a bit surprising. Of course that my period is lighter with no cramping makes me pretty happy. I'm pretty sure my body hasn't settled on what it's doing yet and am expecting more changes in the coming months. I've read some of the threads on this topic and it seems that there is a pretty significant range of responses to the shift in diet.
    I'm only 44 - but after seven weeks, I'd pee on a stick just to eliminate the possibility.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    I'm 26, so our overall hormonal situations are waaaay different, but it has had an impact on my cycle. Happily, it's given me a much lighter flow, after about a year and a half of IUD-induced - well, let's just say my uterus has been doing a credible impression of that scene in "The Shining" where the elevator doors open into the lobby and....

maybelline is offline Junior Member
    So, instead of worrying about it, I went ahead and got a kit and I am not pregnant. It's a good thing because my youngest kid is 10 and I have less than zero desire to go down that path again. On the other hand, I'm not all that excited to be wondering whether or not I am on the road to decrepitude. I will just tell myself that my hormones are running wild because of all this great new primal energy running through me.

Thank you ladies for sharing your own experiences, and your support. It makes me feel better about making my first post here one that is a little TMI

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    TMI is when we discuss bowel movements. This thread has nothing on some of those threads.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    .................................................. ..................

Periods.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Maureen.Crocker is offline Junior Member
    I jsut got my period a week early and im on the nuva ring.... bizarre. i lost 4 lbs in 9 days, im assuming thats why. im also getting muscle spasms. other than that i feel great.

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    I just told my hubby at lunch today that I've definitely felt hormonal changes since going primal, especially mood swings, larger breasts and horrible cramps. Still feels like transition, though. Transition can be bad, still hoping for the lighter flow and less cramps when things get balanced. I do believe they will, just like my skin got better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast