Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salad dressing container? page

lesliek is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I currently mix and store salad dressing in tupperware, but I'm trying to move away from plastics. Can anyone recommend a non-plastic container that works well? I heard a french press coffee pot might work. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

if you have a glass bottle left over from Extra Virgin Olive Oil, you could mix it up in there and keep it in the fridge.

My husband's family uses mason jars to make/store theirs.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

musajen is offline Junior Member

How about a small milk bottle? I got one from k-mart (martha stewart collection several years ago) and I've seen them at wal-mart before too.

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

Mason jars are great for everything!

Of course, it doesn't have a pour spout, which it seems you are looking for. You could use a left over store bought salad dressing bottle. It would have the right shape.

62shelby Guest

I use the le parfait jar with the rubber seal, has a nice wide mouth so I can use a stick blender to emulsify the dressing. I use a spoon to get it out so the mouth stays clean.

maba is offline Senior Member

I use left-over glass jars from tomato sauce. I store the dressing in these jars and to work, I carry my dressing in baby food jars that I got from my sister.

DepRatlAnimal Guest

Another vote for mason jars! They come in lots of different sizes, find in any grocery store... Just made my first batch of baconnaise and stored it in one tonight

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I keep any glass jars I get and clean off the labels. Then I use them to store just about everything

I've found that spice containers (think of the McCormick 2oz spice jars that you probably have in your pantry) make perfect single serving dressing containers! Whenever I take salad for lunch or need my own dressing I just do 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, a squeeze of dijon and some spices, put the lid on, and it's ready to shake up and go.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Bacon Guest

I peel the label off my old Kombucha bottles and use them for dressing. I find that they close nice and tight so they don't leak on my trip to work and I can make a few days' worth and leave it in the fridge there.

go_ginger_go Guest

PrimalCon New York

I use the thick glass container my heavy cream comes in. It's got a nice pop-on lid and pours well.

Or a mason jar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast