Thread: crossfit games page

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member

crossfit games

| CrossFit Games

Live this weekend and archived footage.

These guys are bigger than I expected.
    The gals are MUCH bigger.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Love the games, love the live feeds, great stuff. And yes, the gals are getting bigger every year! I am pretty amazed at some of the weights they work with! My old crossfit box owner was competing in the masters 60+ division this weekend, was great to be able to watch him actually compete live.

RichardW is offline Junior Member
    Live this weekend and archived footage.

These guys are bigger than I expected.
    The gals are MUCH HAWTER
    -----

fixed it for you (:

--

bcbcbc2 is offline Senior Member
    I learned a new exercise from this.
    I call it the upside down push press.
    Doing 'handstand pushups' for reps these competitors get into a handstand then pull their legs down into a squat position then explode up with feet and arms together.
    Maybe old news to bw experts but I always assumed HPU's were a grinder only exercise.

Some other stuff primalists who don't particularly care about xfit might like to look at.

Handstand walk for distance.
    100 ft monkey bars for speed.
    weighted chins(for max weight, I think)
    sled push
    sled pull with rope. Standing in one spot and pulling on the rope.
    some cleans where they dropped to knees then recovered from there. I don't think these were intentional but they were permitted.
    Beach run although I haven't found that on archived video.

The wod where they did stationary rowing followed by stationary biking was NOT exciting to watch!!

Another wod called for sprinting alternated with lifting and they all jogged the 'sprints' to rest for the next lifting part.

Same thing with burpees. They do them slow to rest for the next muscle draining activity.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your right, I could not find event 1 on the beach in the archives either for the women or men. I watched it on ESPN3, so maybe that is why it is not in the archives. They discussed sand running techniques in the commentating...some went with some without shoes, and some wore vibrams straight from the swim to the run. They mentioned that short strides were the only way to not burn out your calves the first day.

OH, the first team event was totally 'primal'..."lift heavy things". They had to carry 1700 lbs in sandbags over obstacles and back and forth down the field with 6 team members total. That was pretty straightforward and primal