Thread: Native Forest :Thailand vs. Sri Lanka page

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member

Native Forest :Thailand vs. Sri Lanka

Shop Now
    I wanted a coconut milk smoothie this morning but instead I ended up throwing out all 3 cans I had of Native Forest Coconut milk. With each can I opened the milk had a brownish color, was gritty, and tasted like dish soap. This happened to a few cans I had a couple weeks ago that I didn't refrigerate so I thought they were getting to hot and spoiling. So with this last batch I got I put them in the fridge as soon as I got home and they went bad too.

On amazon, some people are complaining of the same problems and say the cans that are sourced from Sri Lanka are bad while the ones from Thailand are good. I miss the old, creamy NF coconut milk in BPA free cans. I don't buy it online I buy from Whole Foods so if this really is causing the difference in quality be sure to check!

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk, 13.5-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Coconuts make great milk without the help of processing.
    Hope you find that interesting.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Just found this interesting bit of information over at Free The Animal:

The CEO of Native Forest noticed complaints from customers and discovered the canner had changed the recipe without Native Forest’s permission. The CEO told Amazon to pull the product. Native Forest is now using a different canner with the original coconut milk recipe. The repaired recipe can now be purchased from Amazon

Maybe I'll give them a second try.