Thread: Hello Everyone from the midwest! page

Pensfan is offline Junior Member

Hello Everyone from the midwest!

Shop Now
    Hey everyone!
    I stumbled upon this site yesterday when researching Paleo/Primal diet/living and have learned a ton so far thanks to the wonderfully informed and helpful blogs and forums here. Thank you so much for the information!

My wife and I are currently following the HCG protocol for the past 35 days (right or wrong haha). Since 22 June, 2011, the date of my highest weight and the revelation that I desperately needed to make a change in my life, I have lost 45.6 pounds and surpassed my first milestone towards my ultimate loss of 163 lbs.

At the end of phase 3 of this protocol, August 27th, we had planned on waiting the 3 additional weeks in the final phase of the protocol and were debating whether or not to undergo a second round of protocol. It is hard to argue the fact that I have lost over 45lbs in a little over a month.

Now however I am researching Paleo/Primal as an alternative to HCG and looking to this lifestyle change for us. My wife and I have three kids (5, 8, 15) that are extremely healthy and we will have them on the Paleo/Primal lifestyle with us pending our research and commitment to the lifestyle.

Sorry for the long background there... haha. so.... Hi!!

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    ~ Romans 8:38-39

It's Time to Get Primal - Pensfan's Primal Journal

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome to the forums! This truly is a lifestyle change versus a simple diet change. I lost weight while dieting but I lost lean body mass. I wish I could go back to my earlier frame and do this lifestyle from the start. Good luck on your journey

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for the long background there... haha. so.... Hi!!
    Not at all. People here are happy to learn about you and maybe offer suggestions. Go ahead and tell us more.

I really know nothing about HGC but I will tell you that Primal works. And it is mostly easy after a few bumps at the start.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Pensfan is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Captain!

I agree, we approached HCG with the same mindset. We planned on using HCG for the "jump start" to our new lifestyle choices. The more I research, the more it is clear that the Govt Food Pyramid is a huge cause for the climbing obesity rates in our country haha.

For more background on me... I was a former semi-pro athlete, having played hockey for 25 years, a couple seasons in the minors and pro inline. After a couples of years of steroid usage and several knee surgeries due to injuries, it was time to hang up the skates and "retire". I went through a bout of depression and gained 150lbs over 3 years after I retired.

I am now in the process of dropping that weight, changing my lifestyle, and working to ensure that my family learns the benefits of a healthy lifestyle so they grow up with this knowledge rather than having to learn it the hard way like I did... haha
    For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    ~ Romans 8:38-39

It's Time to Get Primal - Pensfan's Primal Journal

Pensfan,

Thats awesome that you are starting down a better path. I also know little about HCG. However, I do know that Primal works for many and it is sutainable for me.

Good Luck!

Jen