Thread: I love shopping. page

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member

I love shopping.

Shop Now
    Anyone starting to get weird looks from the cashiers when they go shopping?
    I swear the cashier today told me to watch my meat consumption and to start eating grains.
    I simply smiled, paid for my meat, and left.
    It's funny how people react when you go in and buy 200 dollars worth of food for yourself every week.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Haven't had that happen, even when I go to the co-op and fill my basket with meat. (When I worked there 20 years ago it was nearly vegetarian.)

At regular grocery stores, I consider myself lucky if the clerk is more than robotic.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    I live in a very small town, people noticed when I first started losing weight and was on a high carbohydrate diet no fat and little protein.
    Now that I am actually enjoying Primal and going shopping for meat and nuts/vegetables/fruit. I get weird looks and questions by the cashiers.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I try to buy all my meat at the farmer's market so they don't look at me like I'm crazy. I couldn't make it over the last couple of weeks, due to moving, so today I stocked up. Ten lbs of ground chuck, ten lbs of chicken tenderloins/breasts (they take a dollar off of each lb if you buy ten at a time), short ribs, ground goat, bacon, pork chops and Polish sausages. The guy I buy from has great Polish sausage. And a couple pints of heavy whipping cream and asiago cheese. Bought a few veggies as well.