Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Lovisa page 2

Lovisa is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was a bad day, unfortunately. *sigh* I woke up feeling pretty crappy and I couldn't understand what I could have eaten that would have caused it, so I had a brief "screw it" moment and had a pop-tart. And then I came into my work and my co-worker brought in pizza and I had that too. I got off work, napped, decided I was too lazy to grocery shop and cook today, so I went to KFC, figuring I could get breadless chicken breasts and green beans.....of course, they didn't have green beans, and they didn't have the breadless chicken. I wish there were more primal fast food options that weren't just salads.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hit the deli at the local grocery store. I've always found hard bolied eggs, or you can get a couple slices of meat.......check it out sometime when you are not rushed.

Today I had my first experience of eating out with CW-ers while trying to stay primal. I was eating at a store cafe and the entire menu consisted of sandwiches and hamburgers....so I asked for a burger without the bun, which the waitress thought was an odd thing to ask for. And of course, my sandwich-eating friends were asking me if I wanted some of theirs, because my burger with just lettuce and tomato apparently looked sad to them. It was really filling, though, and I was happy with it. But I can tell that this is going to be a struggle, always fighting the temptations of CW people trying to get me to eat low-fat or whole-grain or whatever.

I've started drinking whole milk, which is a huge deal for me -- I've drank skim milk my entire life, and in the last month I started drinking 2% to prepare for this transition. I could not even stand the thought of whole milk a month ago, but it tastes good to me now. I felt like I just drank a meal, so filling! I'm fairly certain I can give up grains as long as I get to keep dairy, lol.

Just tell people that you have a grain allergy or celiac and they'll leave you alone. Bit of a white lie but it will do the trick.

One week in.....haven't been perfect, but pretty good. I definitely have a lot of room for improvement.

Weight: 187.0 lb
    Body fat: 35.8%

Unfortunately, the last couple of days haven't been so good. Between pizza at work (which I was eating before I even realized what I was doing, sigh) and having a horrible work night last night (which resulted in me raiding the M&Ms), I probably un-did any good that I had done at all over the last week. Well, better luck next time.

Also I don't think I'm any good at taking measurements, as these don't make much sense...lost 2.5 inches on my waist and gained half an inch on my bust? I doubt it...

Weight: 185.6 lb
    Body fat: 35.8%

Bust: 42.5"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 42"
    Thighs: R- 25.5" L-26"
    Right arm: 14"
    Left arm: 13.5"

Huh, maybe I did lose something after all. My size 14 shorts that were too tight to fasten just two weeks ago now fit just fine. And this is with me being very imperfect at this diet and not exercising or anything. Makes me think!

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Yay!congrats on looser clothing.

And well done for surviving eating out with coworkers. It's not easy with people commenting on your choices. Stay with it and they'll get used to it. Take my moto: "never apologise, never explain!" Saves a boat-load of grief and arguments. "I don't like it" or "I don't fancy that today" are perfectly sufficient.
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Well the last couple of days have been really bad.....I seem to be saying this a lot, lol. Well, I was celebrating my birthday, but now everything is back to normal. This morning for breakfast (if you could call the last meal before I go to sleep "breakfast") I had a plate of bacon and eggs. I still can't believe that these foods are "good", I was even telling myself that I could feel my arteries clogging and that this was so sinful and indulgent, lol. It's a lot to wrap the mind around. One thing I probably need to cut out is whole milk -- I have several glasses a day (though it used to be skim milk, and a couple of months ago I wouldn't touch even 1%). I'll often drink a glass of milk instead of eating a meal. I think once I get more comfortable cooking and used to eating like this I'll be able to cut it down. I honestly don't miss bread very much, but I'm really going to miss dairy!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You don't HAVE TO cut dairy.

The hardest thing for me has been going from the fat is bad CW mindset to the fat is good PB mindset.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast